CH. 28 ~ Pain

TW: Torture and some mild gore. Read at your own risk.

~

I wake up to the soft pitter-patter of a liquid on my ice-cold skin. As I come back around to consciousness, I glance around lazily to see where it is I'm at. My head still feels dizzy and I can't see too well except for the vague outlines of what appears to be a prison cell. I begin to stir and decide to move my hands around when a sharp stinging pain shoots into my wrist and the rest of my body. Gasping loudly, I let myself relax against the cold stone wall behind me. I look up to see the same suspicious chains Captain was wearing before we were moved here attached to my wrists... and ankles... and neck. I struggle against the chains again but the pain only comes back.

"There's no use in doing that," A familiar sounding voice rings out across my small prison compartment. I look straight ahead, at the source of the voice, to see Eye-patch still badly injured and bound up in the chains that I am barely starting to remember. "They're made of u--,"

"Uvor," I cut him off recalling the times the Queen had used these kinds of metals on me. "They burn into your skin if your struggle against them. I know." Eye-patch stays silent, inspecting me closely. I quickly scan his figure and I'm relieved to see him whole. A bit disappointed that he hasn't escaped, but at least he's whole. I move my head around to take in my surroundings now that my vision's cleared. I start by following the tall wall leading up to a make-shift ceiling that looks like it could collapse at any given moment. Up near the top of the walls are some openings with metal bars to let some light and air in although there isn't much now with the rain and storm coming. Two torches light up the cell, close enough to give us light, but far enough to be out of reach. Damn these prison designers. From the looks of it, I'd say we're a couple of feet underground in the main prison systems. That's IF these prisons are anything like Eohithra's. Again I feel the drip-drops of rain falling and splattering against my face that feels as though it will freeze completely.

"How long have you been here?" I ask not expecting an answer from the caramel-haired captain, but to my surprise, he answers.

"'Bout a week or so, give or take." He breathlessly answers, scooting back to sit upright. The wind blowing in from outside blows on the torches making them flicker in and out, partially lighting his face for only mere instances. "You barely came yesterday though." He reveals not saying anything after that. We fall into thick silence, the only noise being the roaring wind outside. After a couple of minutes of sitting in the dark silence, I hear Captain speak up again. "I'm so sorry." He mumbles loud enough for me to hear him. I stare at him blankly, making sure that I heard right before responding.

"Sorry? You're sorry? Hongjoong, What in the hell are you sorry for? I should be the one saying sorry. If it weren't for me hiding the truth from you we'd all be free and sailing to who knows where," I tell him trying my best to make him feel better. He goes quiet for a bit and then giggles cutely while looking down. I find it a bit suspicious so I ask what's wrong. "What?"

"Nothing. It's just the first time I've heard you call me by my name and not some stupid nick-name." My jaw drops slightly when I hear him. Is he for real?

"We are literally about to be executed and you giggling over me calling you Hongjoong?"

"To be fair at least now I know you're not mad at me."

"Mad at you? Why would I be mad? YOU should be mad at ME!" He shakes his head looking away from me.

"You don't understand," He pauses, "I knew the risks before coming and still decided to come here anyway. Sehun's right, you know. I was foolish... a Pirate King," He laughs humorlessly, "Yeah, one hell of a king I am. I can't even take care of my crew."