CH. 48 ~ Recover

Intense burning...

Followed by blood.

My blood.

When I refocus my vision, I see General Hugo's psychotic eyes, looking into mine. He waits hungrily for the life to leave my body, plunging the dagger deeper.

The crimson-red of my blood stains both of our hands and clothes. I cough, my shoulders shaking with each hack, and I bring a hand to my mouth noticing the same red liquid coming out of it.

"It's a shame you had to come to this end." The general speaks up, taking in every single ounce of my fear and pain, no matter how hard I try to hide it. I can't scream, I can't even speak because of the fear of him that has me trembling. "Once you're gone, I will go through every single crewmate of yours and make sure they have the most gruesome deaths. There will be no one left to tell the tales of the ATEEZ crew. You will all become a story. A myth."

"You wouldn't dare." I rasp, surprising him that I could still manage to talk even with my blood beginning to clog my throat. He smirks, but not like the flirty ones I get from Seonghwa or the mischievous ones I get from Wooyoung-- no, this smirk is one filled with bloodlust and sadist intentions.

"I will slowly cut them up alive, watch them writhe and yell. I will make them regret ever meeting you. They will all curse you when I'm through. They will hate you." General Hugo informs me, sadistically. "I'm already getting the chills thinking about it."

I glare at him as best I can, still struggling with his hands that work to push the blade farther than it already is into my torso.

A sense of anger and hatred for this man overrides my thoughts. All I can think of are ways to make him feel the pain he's put me through.

All those nights of misery and restlessness he's caused me. The only thing I can think of is how satisfying it'd be, to be able to rip him apart and torture him until he's bleeding and begging for me to stop. How pleasing the sight of him drowning in his own pool of blood would be to me. Oh, how the tables would turn!

I'm so caught up in my fantasies of how to cause him pain that I don't notice the glowing at my palms that has started to transfer onto the general's skin. I don't even try to stop what I'm doing, feeling delightfulness swell my mind at the sight of his face contorting into an expression of agony.

I don't know what I'm doing but I continue doing it, an odd hunger for his end taking over me. I notice something odd about the energy my magic has manifested in, seeing that it's a golden hue, unlike any of the magic types I know.

I look up from my palms to the man's face, and I increase my energy, causing him to shriek in agony. Hot waves of magic pulse through my veins pumping into the body of the wretched man in front of me.

"STOP THIS! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" He shouts, trying to pry away, but an inhuman strength has taken control and is unwilling to let him go. I step forward, pushing his hand along with the dagger out of my body and surprisingly the wound closes, emitting a small portion of the golden glow at my hands.

I push harder, scaring him even more until his eyes are filled with terror at the realization that this is his end.

The golden glow covers his body completely and the familiar voices that have guided me before whisper and murmur the words I need to cast this spell.

"Eoss kae okk," I grit through my teeth. "Go to hell."

Instantly, General Hugo's skin starts to crack like an eggshell, and a bright golden light pours out of his cracks. Soon, the same substance pours out of his eyes and mouth as well causing him to shake and writhe intensely from his overwhelming pain. He's consumed by the glow entirely as he screams his lungs out in anguish. When the light consumes his body, the energy begins to stir unrestrained before it balls up into this strong essence of some magic, exploding with a powerful wave that races through the entire ship.