CH. 51 ~ Found Out

⚠️

The chapters from here on out will contain a lot of action and violence so I suggest that from here on out you take discretion while reading. ENJOY!

⚠️

~

"Captain has been on my nerves all week!" I grunt, slamming my fists on the counter as I hear Seonghwa shuffle behind me in Bina's kitchen. Bina is wiping down some tables and Jongho helps out with the brooming, humming some unknown tune as he manages the broom and dustpan.

It hasn't been long since we've arrived here and everyone greeted us like we never left, save for Yeosang who was not allowed into the market after what he did to the vendor. Besides that, everything was going well. San had told the crew the news about his promotion to paternal status which brought us questions but for the most part everyone was overjoyed for him and Iseul. Everything was perfectly fine until I confronted Captain a few days ago about our little disagreement.

His answer: I don't know what you're talking about.

"Sun-Mi, you can't stay mad at him forever, he was probably trying to move past that by pretending it didn't happen." Seonghwa tries to reassure me, heating up the stove as he sets down a saucepan with olive oil in it to get heated. We had arrived extra early today to help Bina with the diner since it's been very busy. Even Suzie is here, only she's in the back, making arrangements for today's ingredients.

"Move past that? I was literally asking him to forgive me for being rude and he still acted like I was attacking him. He's obviously irritated by the fact that I turned down the proposition but he doesn't have to act so immaturely about it! He wants me to reach some stupid 'Enchantress Enlightenment' so he can get his powers back, but doesn't seem to understand that I can't do that without the risk of setting some trigger off for Queen Lee's mindless hound, Sehun, to sniff me out."

"Listen," the kind cook stops what he's doing, walking over to me and setting a gentle hand on top of mine while using his other hand to tuck a loose strand of my hair behind my ear, then moving it down to my chin to tilt my head up. "Hongjoong can be confusing and immature to no end but I'm sure he also wants to make things better with you. Sadly, he isn't the best at admitting his errors. Give him some time." I only glare at Seonghwa with a big pout as he continues to play with my hair.

"Hwaseong's right, my dear," Bina speaks up from finishing what she was doing, making her way over to us. "Your captain isn't the best at admitting when he's done something wrong but he always makes up for it in the end."

"Either way, if you do feel very distraught by it, I can talk to Hongjoong for you," Seonghwa suggests kindly, grinning at me before moving back to continue his attempt at cooking with the saucepan. I huff, leaning on the counter and setting my head on my hand when Jongho comes into view. He flicks my forehead before mirroring my stance exactly.

"You know what, I think you need time to think over how you feel. You should go down to the ice cream shop not too far from here." The young battle master offers, tapping the counter with his hand as he waits for my answer.

"That sounds like a great idea! And while you two go you can bring me back my order of meat from the butcher. I think he's two stores down from the ice cream shop." Bina adds in, handing me a piece of paper that has her meat order scribbled onto it. "Go with Jongho, he knows where it is."

"What about me?" Seonghwa asks almost childishly, looking at his aunt with wide, pleading eyes to let him go. Bina puts a hand on her hip, leaning heavily on her left leg as she raises a brow at her nephew.