CH.32 ~ Gifts

Day three. It's day three since San has been knocked out from the siren incident, or maybe four. I'm not sure. Either way, I've been tending to him for the past days because of the various wounds we suffered. Luckily for me, since I wasn't the one they were after, I didn't suffer as many wounds as he did. He lost a good amount of blood and most of his wounds were deep but I don't have anything to stitch them closed with. Thankfully, the forest is packed with as many medicinal herbs as it is with food. Crouching over the stone tablet I've been using to make pastes, I'm surprised to hear San stirring awake. I expected him to be out for another day or two, but sadly that's not the case. He groans awake, trying to sit up and I quickly rush to his side to lay him back down.

"No, don't overexert yourself, you're really hurt," I advise helping him lay back down again. He blinks harshly at me before seeing clearly.

"S-Sun-Mi? What happened? Where am I?" His voice sounds hoarse and raspy, so I decide to be nice and smile softly at him before answering all his inquiries.

"You were attacked by two sirens a couple of nights ago and have been knocked out until now. After dragging you out of that situation, I had to drag you here to this cave I found and have addressed your wounds since then." I stand up to go get the calendula tea when he frowns looking at himself and then at me. "What's wrong?"

"Why is my shirt missing? And yours?" I look down at myself to see that I am currently only in chest bandages and a really revealing pair of torn up pants.

"Our clothes got badly torn up so I decided to use the cloth for bandages instead of throwing it away. Now that you mention, I need a new shirt." I begin to get self-conscious of myself realizing that I am half-naked in front of a man. I push my thoughts aside focusing on tending to him as a patient. I kneel beside him to get him to drink my tea when I get bombarded with more questions.

"You ask way too many questions, sir. I'm starting to think you're worst than Wooyoung." He laughs at my joke, a sound I've never really paid attention to before but it's really cute. When he laughs it makes you wanna laugh with him, especially after seeing him flash his dimples. "Now, drink this tea because I'm not letting it go to waste." He moves his head away like a little kid refusing to take their meds. I get tired of his childish antics, so I force him to chug down the already cold tea and he almost chokes a couple of times but at least he drank it.

He feigns being mad at me, refusing to speak to me even after I've apologized several times, so I just ignore him. After a while, I look over to check up on him to see his sleeping figure laying on the cold cave floor. I have to make sure that his body temperature doesn't fall too low so I'm constantly fixing the fire. I look at his figure a little bit longer trying to see what it is a girl like Iseul could have ever seen in a guy like him.

I tilt my head to the side, settling on the fact that he is indeed attractive. He has a slim but muscular build with sharp lines and all. His abs are barely defined but still obvious enough for those who stare, like me. He has a broad set of shoulders in contrast to his slimmer waist giving him a triangular shape. I purse my lips as I scan his face, noticing his strongly defined cheekbones and jawline. He has a pretty set of cat-like eyes and nicely shaped lips. He IS handsome but it's too bad he has such a bad attitude. I continue to study his sleeping form, finding it quite relaxing to focus on the rise and fall of his chest, when I realize that he's not really asleep and peeking at me through a slightly opened eye.

"I know you're staring," he speaks up, catching me off guard. At first, when I was staring at him, I didn't think much of it but now that he's pointed it out it seems kind of misleading. "Pervert," he teases me which I take offense to.

"I was just making sure you're not dead," I answer, matter of factly.

"Mhm, sure." He continues, ignoring my comment. I stand up picking up the now-empty basket I use for food.