CH. 20 ~ Roommate

The rest of the day flew by pretty quickly. Lunch passed, unusually quiet, but at least I was able to get my mind off of some things for a while. When Captain ended his meeting I was able to catch up with Namjoon, Jungkook, and Jin. I asked them about my friends back home and how they're holding up. They haven't heard from Baekhyun at all but Chungha, Ten, and Irene are all doing just fine. I was so relieved to hear this from them, it hurt me to have to give them the news of Taehyung's death. Namjoon and Jin just stood there silently, having already anticipated this, but Jungkook wasn't able to handle the news well. He broke down instantly knowing that his childhood best friend had just passed away. They left not long after that leaving behind some supplies Eye-patch had agreed to accept. In the supplies we received, we got some medicinal herbs and spices from them which I quickly started mixing and noting down in an old medical journal I found in the sickbay.

As soon as the Namjoon left, I locked myself in my room working away, trying to crack and recreate the herbs and medicine left behind by their old doctor, Gunho, and using it as a way to distract myself. I noted down some of the special concoctions I had come up with during my time out of Eohithra, but besides the ones I created, Gunho had almost all of them down. This man, whoever he must've been, was a genius. He's come up with so many different elixirs to heal so many different things, I could spend days looking through his work in these journals. I was currently working on crushing some eucalyptus leaves in the stone mortar when I heard a series of knocks on the door to my room.

"Come in!" I shout over my shoulder, hearing the door creak open to reveal Wooyoung and Yeosang entering the room. It has gotten pretty dark outside, I spent so much time trying to make these ointments and tinctures that I hadn't noticed the time. "Do you guys need something?" I ask curiously, tilting my head to the side as I leave behind the mortar on the table in the room and place a hand on my hip. Wooyoung waddles in shyly as Yeosang pushes him forward to speak to me.

"Do you, uh, You don't happen to have some healing ointment do you?" I click my tongue, twisting around to look at the jars of herbal pastes I've made so far. I purse my lips turning back to the two men.

"How bad is it?" I inquire to which Wooyoung only sticks out his hands painfully slowly. When they're at a spot where I can clearly see what he has, my eyes widen at how calmly he's handling the wound. "Those are pretty big burns. What happened to you?" Facing back around to look at the jars and the little inscriptions on them I find the aloe vera and honey paste I made along with some bandages. Patting the bed opposite of mine, I motion for him to sit on it.

"I burned myself," he states sheepishly as I pull my stool over to tend to his wounds.

"Well obviously you burned yourself, idiot. She's asking how you burned yourself." Yeosang comments, crossing his hands with a flat expression.

"Oh, uh, San and I were trying to help Seonghwa with something in the kitchen since he's with Jongho, and San ended up spilling some boiling water on my hands."

"This is why you don't allow little demons into the kitchen unsupervised," Yeosang chides.

Wooyoung scoffs in return, "For your information, I am 21, almost 22--"

"With the mentality of a 4 year old." The former finishes. I chuckle silently, grabbing some of the ointment and near it to Wooyoung's skin.

"Wait, w-will that hurt?" he asks cautiously, retracting his hands slightly.

"Stop whining you big baby and let the damn woman do what she needs to!" I smile at Yeosang's irritable tone, pulling Wooyoung's hands closer to my face as I inspect the burn. They're not developing blisters yet so I'm guessing first-degree burns.