jade clifford.

━━ Jade Clifford,
August First. ━━

"Sweetheart,"

I played with my fingers, not even making eye contact with either of them. I was far too nervous to look at them.

"We have something to tell you."

I knew this was coming, I wasn't stupid or oblivious. With all of the recent fighting, there was no way this wasn't happening.

Divorce.

"I," I took a deep breath and gulped. "I know what's happening." Tears threatened to spill out of my eyes, but I tried to be strong. I was nervous. My Dad put his hand on mine gently and squeezed it.

"It's about the fighting."

My Mom took a deep breath, "Yes Jade, that's what we're here to talk about. I'm sorry."

"How did you know so quickly?" My Dad asked,

I brought my two eyebrows together, looking shocked that He would even ask. "Like you guys try to hide the god forsaken screaming," I scoffed. "I can hear, y'know."

"Then I know you know what I'm about to say, Jade." My mom makes eye contact with me. "Me and your Father are getting a divorce."

I rolled my eyes whilst shaking my head.

"Jade Please—" I cut my mom off quickly.

"Mom I'm not fucking oblivious." I laughed dryly.

The Tension in the room could be cut by a dull knife. No one was happy, no one showed any lightening emotion.

"We both are moving out of this home." My Mom breaks the hurtful silence. "We are moving into one of my Friend's houses."

"We aren't staying?" I asked.

"No, Your Dad decided to steal the house and sell it." I saw my Dad's eyes eyes roll out of the corner of my eye, and so did my Mom. "Are you fucking rolling your eyes at me?"

I scoffed, "Do not even think about fucking fighting in front of me." I snapped, looking between the two. "Are you insane?"

They turned their heads toward me.

"If you both are going to fight, fight when I'm not in the goddamn vicinity. I'm sick of this bullshit you both are pulling. I'm not going to sit here, and watch you fight."

My Dad quickly apologized, "I'm sorry, Angel." He frowned, "Please, let us explain."

I gestured for him to go on.

"Eight months ago, your Mother and I began fighting over small things and would get irritated with each other, to the point that I didn't even want to go home." He spoke, "We can't live like this anymore, and certainly won't continue putting you through this as well."

I exhaled, looking down to my feet.

"I understand." I tried to push my frustration off. "As long as I get to spend equal amounts of time with the both of you."

"You will, Don't worry." My Dad's sad eyes looked into mine. Seeing my Dad upset makes me upset.

"I'm gonna go upstairs," I smiled at my Mom and Dad— seeing both of them send me a small smile my way.

MICHAEL.

As soon as I knew she was in her room, and away from where Rachel and I stood, I angrily turned to face her.

"I told you she could hear us, Rachel." I said— seeing her furrowed her eyebrows go together.

"It's your fault." Rachel said, standing and slamming her hand on the dining room table. "You're the reason this is happening in the first fucking place, Michael!"

"This is not my fault, Rachel. Do you want us to go poor? Do you want us to not have enough goddamn money to put food on our child's plate?"

Lately Myself, Luke, Calum, and Ashton have all been very low on money and we've decided to make it a good idea to get out previously famous Band back together, 5 Seconds Of Summer. back together. But, Rachel expressed that she didn't want it to happen.

Therefore, we began again.

Rachel came up to me one day, and told me that this was a major waste of time and that we could just make money off of fucking selling drugs. I looked at her like she was insane, maybe she is.

But, For Jade's sake, I will not be doing that. She does not need a drug dealer of a  Father.

"Michael, you need a real fucking god! A band is not one!"

"And selling drugs is a real job?" I shouted at her, "May I remind you that my Music Career has given us so many opportunities that most people don't have? We gave our child a loving home, food on her place, a roof over her head, and you want me to give it up? Not a fucking chance!"

"How many times have I given you other alternatives for that? A drug dealer makes immense amounts of money, or become a fucking doctor! You'll look like a complete idiot if you become a fucking band member, Michael."

"Rachel— fucking hell! You're not listening to reason. What if Jade finds out? What if she gets taken from us? If you don't want us to have a good life, I'm taking Rachel and getting the fuck out."

"Fine! Do whatever the hell you want, Michael. Jade doesn't even look like me, and it's not like I want an exact copy of you living with me." She shouted.

I stared at her with confusion and heartbreak, I couldn't believe what she said.

She doesn't love our daughter? Our goddamn beautiful creation?

"I'm going out, Michael. Don't expect me home for a while, and don't contact me unless someone is dead. Goodbye."

And with that, she was out the door.