- CHAPTER ELEVEN.

━━ Jade Clifford.
August Fourth. ━━

I ended up being okay, and it was just a two-day thing.

My dad had me looking online for room inspiration. We were moving into the new house tomorrow, and it was around 11 pm.

I lightly browsed various shopping websites and other apps like TikTok and Pinterest.

I kinda had a general idea, and I was so so fucking excited. I had never really redone my room— and fuck, was I excited?

Yes.

I scrolled through the decorations, clicking on ones I enjoyed and then examining the ones I might have liked.

I can be very, very picky with what I choose with my bedroom and how I choose.

A knock came from my door, and I looked up to see my dad. He was leaning against the door frame with a smile on his face.

"Hello angel, what are you working on?" He asked, walking in as soon as he saw me nod.

"Room decorations," I answered, pushing my glasses onto my face. He nodded, sniffling lightly.

"Okay well lovebug, me and your uncles are going to go out to the studio. Is that okay? We've got stuff we've gotta fill out, but I'll be back with dinner."

I agreed, hugging him before he left.

I heard him set the alarms and the garage door opening— and him speeding out of the driveway.

I took a deep breath, getting up and walking towards the kitchen. As I grabbed a bagel bun, I heard my phone ring— 22 (Taylor's Version) playing.

I grabbed it, putting the phone to my ear.

"Hey!" Lillian said through the phone, her joyful voice sounding happy as ever. "Can I pick you up? We're gonna go to the little shops along the beach."

I really didn't want to, but I continued with talking.

"Define us," I held the phone to my ear with my shoulder, making my bagel.

"Aiden, Alyssa, Ally, me and you?" She sounded hopeful.

"Lils— I really have to find out what I want for my room, I'm sorry." I lightly apologized.

"Alright, that's fine. how about we come over after that?"

I agreed to it, even though I kinda wanted to be home alone but it's alright. Lillian said they'd be here in about 3 hours, so I had time to nap— which I was a little excited about, but i'd only nap for like an hour.

It did not end up being an hour.

I woke up around 2:30 to noises outside my window, which mind you, was terrifying.

until I saw Lillian outside my window.

I jumped out of my bed and rushed to open my window and she was visibly annoyed.

"goodmorning, sunshine." she grumbled.

I laughed a little, "I'll let you in."

I walked to the front door, unlocking and opening it.

"Hey JJ!" Aiden gave me a hug, walking into my house— looking around amazed.

"Jesus!" Alyssa mumbled, looking at the house and her mouth open wide. "What a nice ass house."

"Why thank you."

And soon, we were all on the couch with the lights off, mean girls on the tv and everyone silent.

I heard my phone buzz, and I grabbed it.

Unknown.

Hey. It's Patrick, your mom gave me your number.

Jade.

Ain't no way, delete this contact. you have

no right to have my number. I do not even

like you.

Man Whore

Get over it. I'm your new stepdad. I will

not delete this contact, Jade.

Jade.

Fuck off, bye

I hit block contact, and kinda smiled.

As the movie continued, it got a bit late and eventually everyone decided it was time to go home.

I said bye to everyone, giving them all hugs and a water bottle for the ride home.

I shut the door, set the front gate alarm and the house alarm as well, and turned on the air conditioner since it was still hot during the day.

I went to grab my computer, taking it and everything I needed out into the kitchen. I sat on the island— strawberries in a bowl, and water next to me as I surfed the internet for more room stuff.

Around 7, I heard my phone buzz.

Super Awesome Dad:)

Hi angel, I am picking up pizza for dinner.

want anything?

Jade.

Not really, maybe pretzel bits?

Super Awesome Dad:)

Perfect

I continued to search the internet, already almost done with the strawberries.

And at 7:30, my dad arrived home.

"Jade!" my dad called from the front door, and I yelled back quickly.

"Kitchen!"

I gave him a hug, and he set down the pizza and pretzel bits.

"So! Everyone is coming over tomorrow for a barbecue slash home welcoming thing. pool party too."

"Sounds good to me," I said, stuffing pizza into my mouth. "I love you."

"I love you too, princess."