- CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

━━ Jade Clifford, 
October Seventh. ━━

"You disobeyed me. Now, You must be punished. Holly, Get the belt!"

I shot up from my bed, breathing heavily from the nightmare I had just had. I calmed down my breathing rather fast, but It was difficult.

I rubbed my hand down my face and got up, seeing the time. It was Three AM here, but Ten AM at home. That made everything worse.

I got up and made my way to the bathroom that was across the hallway, quickly and quietly. I closed the bathroom door and showered my face with water. "God." I mumbled.

My nightmares have been getting a lot worse, and I couldn't do anything to help it. I tried taking one melatonin, but it didn't help.

After a couple of minutes of death, I tried to go back to sleep.

I sat in my Grandma's kitchen eating pancakes, feeling exhausted from the sleepless nights lately. My dad strolled in, Happy as ever.

"Good morning, Honey!" My Grandma gave my dad a kiss on the cheek and proceeded down the hallway.

"Morning, Dad." I greeted him with a smile. He raised his eyebrows at me, knowing something was wrong.

"Why do you look like a freakin' dementor stole your soul?" He asked, making me start laughing. "I'm serious!"

"Nothing, I promise." I smiled, swiftly pushing my hair behind my ears. "No freakin' dementor stole my soul, I guarantee.

Before my dad could protest some more, the front door was slammed open– revealing my Grandpa.

"Good Morning Little Clifford and Michael! How are you both this fine morning?" He smiled.

"Morning, Dad." My dad smiled, sitting up. "Where have you been?"

"Well, I went to the shops because your Mother asked me too, and then I got distracted looking at other things." He said, his heavy Australian Accent showing.

MICHAEL.

I watched my Daughter asleep on the couch, thinking of things that could be going wrong. You can tell she hadn't been sleeping, Why is that?

"Is Jade okay?" My Mom asked, coming up behind me.

I just shrugged. "Not sure, She looks exhausted. I'm hoping she's alright." I turned to my mom to see a small frown on her face.

"I'll talk to her, how about that?"

"That would be great, mom."