- CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.

━━ Jade Clifford,
September Nineth. ━━

I had officially been here for a month. I nearly have gone insane with how much abuse I've endured lately. But luckily, I was still on top of the story. I prayed someone would find me.

Me and Dove cleaned the living room, whilst other girls did other things. But suddenly, everyone went silent. We all heard a car pull up to the driveway, and I shivered.

From what I understand, We don't get any visitors.

"Everyone, Get the fuck down!" One of the men yelled. Dove grabbed my body and hid under a table, which confused me by the sudden movement.

"This is unusual." Dove mumbled, holding onto me tightly. I gulped and watched through the tiny peephole from under the table.

The Man exhaled deeply, and opened the door with a bright smile. "Hello Officer, How may I help you today?"

"Hello, my name is Officer James. We have a warrant to search this home and a warrant for any adult in here, Including you sir."

"I'm sorry, I don't—"

I smiled widely, knowing I had just been declared safe. I grabbed Dove's hand and we both rose, revealing ourselves. I watched as everyone else did the same.

"Who are these people?" The Officer gasped.

"Oh um, They are my children!" He protested.

"I have seen each and every single one of these girls on the news. Put your hands behind your back." He demanded, "Come on girls, You're safe now."

The Officers handcuffed the guy, and every single one of us filed out of the house and outside. Most of us hadn't been outside in ages, and we all took in what we saw. As I was admiring the scenery, I saw my dad.

Tears filled my eyes as I took off toward him. I sobbed before I even hit his arms. He wrapped his arms around me and picked me up.

"Dad—" I sobbed an ugly cry, holding onto him as tightly as I could. Him and I cried, and cried in eachothers arms for five minutes.

"Fuck Jade. Angel, I'm so sorry." He apologized, holding my face, "I tried to find you sooner, but It was so, so hard. I'm so glad you're safe. Are you okay?"

He kissed my forehead repeatedly and scanned my face, "I'm so sorry this happened to you. I'm so sorry. As soon as we get home and settled, I'll book a therapy session. You've been through traumatic stuff. I'm so, so sorry. You're a mess," He tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear.

My bottom lip quivered as I watched him speak. "I've missed you."

After many, many hugs, I love yous, and I'm sorrys, I turned around and watched everyone. I then saw Dove, crying and hugging two people.

I smiled as I watched them talk for a long time. She finally had her family back.

"What happened?" He frowned, "Did he hurt you? Did he do stuff to you? Come on, Let's go to the car. Are you hungry? When was the last time you ate a proper meal?"

When we arrived home and he helped me inside, I looked around in awe at my home. However, I noticed a small thing. In the month I've been gone, My house hasn't changed a bit.

"I haven't been here at all." My dad said, coming up beside me. "I couldn't bring myself to stay at home whilst you were gone. I stayed at Luke's, then Calums. But now, You're home. We can finally begin to decorate."