packing and moving.

The whole week was stressful. Michael began looking at houses on Monday, and on Tuesday he found one super close to Luke, and also mildly close to Calum.

It was a beautiful house—it had 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms. A pool. Two car garage. A large back and front yard, a gate to the house; it was everything he needed.

Rachel found this out and immediately began packing up to move in with a friend of hers, one Jade didn't know, and moved out Thursday.

Now it was Friday.

Michael woke up early and bought over $100 worth of McDonalds breakfast for the move today. He had the whole crew coming to help, which meant everyone needed food.

Jade woke up to the knock of her bedroom door, and in came Lillian, Allison, Rory and Levi. They walked in and got into Jade's bed, cuddling with her fast.

"Morning," Jade mumbled softly.

"Hello, pretty," Lillian kissed Jade's hair, and stroked it before Jade fully opened her eyes. "How are you feeling? It's moving out day."

"Jay," Allison spoke up. "Why is your room not at all packed?"

Jade sheepishly smiled at Allison. "I haven't gotten to it. I wasn't really expecting to move out so soon. But then I realized my mom had moved out, and was like oh fuck."

Allison laughed, getting up from Levi's—her younger brother—grip. Allison said, "Come on, Jade, your dad bought a shit ton of McDonalds. Let's eat and then tackle your bedroom."

Jade finally got up and walked with Lillian and Allison, while they asked if she was okay. Jade said she was, but she also wasn't sure how she felt.

Michael saw Jade and instantly smiled softly. "Morning, sweetheart."

Jade went into his embrace so fast, and mumbled into his chest. "Hello."

Everyone arrived fast— Calum would be tackling every bathroom, packing everything Jade and Michael owned. Rachel hadn't taken a lot, only the things she found valuable. Which is why their family photos were still hung in the living room.

Luke and Sierra would both tackle the kitchen, which was Sierra's own favorite place in her own home, so she would have no problem.

Ashton and Livvy would work in the living room, because Ashton is the best at packing blankets into boxes — they moved a lot.

August and Aurelia would work in Jade's room with the other teenagers, which was easiest for each one. Obviously, alongside would be Jade, Allison, Rory, Lillian, and Valentine.

Levi, Sullivan and Cyrus would be working in the closet in the hallway, which was a hassle for a 10, 6 and 13 year old.

So, everyone started.

"Okay so," Jade clapped her hand together, listening to the music in the background. "First off, thank you guys for helping. I'm gonna do my dresser, all of it, and my clothes in my closet and such. I don't care what the rest of you do, go crazy."

Jade grabbed a couple trash bags and did the trick of putting her hanged up clothes inside and tying them together and putting those aside. She then grabbed a big box and began going through her dresser— first, she packed up pajamas. Then shorts, jeans, pants, leggings, sweats, etc. She then did shirts, sweaters, and the rest.

August and Aurelia did the desk, throwing every notebook and journal she had into special places of the moving box. They put all of her pens in a pencil case and put that in the box as well. They took down her cork board and everything on it and placed it inside a box she had and then into the moving box. Pictures, papers, everything.

Lillian was trusted with emptying her closet, the things that weren't clothes. Shoes and such. She put shoes that Jade didn't need into a donation pile, shoes that she wanted (and had permission to have) into a different place and the shoes she wanted to keep into another box.

Allison did her bed, stripping the sheets and folding and putting everything into the box. Her stuffed animals, blankets in a corner, and pillows.

Rory was tasked to take everything out of Jade's bedside table, putting the things she wanted to keep and not put away into a box and then helping Jade sort through it.

After the room was sort of spotless, it was nearly 3 pm. They brought each box downstairs to the moving van and the guys helped put it in the back. Then, they went back upstairs and grabbed a smaller box and started taking the things on Jade's walls down.

Pictures, vines, lights—you name it. Everything into a smaller box after taking the tack off.

Then, all of Jade's books went into a special box so they wouldn't get ruined. Each book was handled very, very carefully.

Soon enough, everything except the furniture was taken out.

"I'm starving," Jade said, laying down on the hardwood floors. "What about you guys?"

"Parched. Starving. Hangry." Allison responded, sitting up and leaning against the wall. "Let's go see the progress of our parents."

Everyone went to find their parents. Michael was in his own bedroom, packing up his things. Jade smiled softly.

"Hi dad," She said.

"Hi love," Michael responded fast, putting his pictures into a box. "Is your room done?"

"Sort of," Jade shrugged. "Just the furniture needs to be taken down."

Michael nodded and kissed his daughter's forehead. He hummed. "We're gonna be alright, Pumpkin."