- CHAPTER THIRTEEN.

━━ Jade Clifford.
August sixth. ━━

"Do I have to go inside?" I asked my dad, studying the new house my mom was staying in after she left my old home.

"Unfortunately, Yeah.. I'm sorry, I'll be here as early as possible tomorrow, Okay?" he reassured me, giving me a tight hug.

"Ugh." I groaned, hugging him back. "Yeah yeah, i'll see you tomorrow."

I grabbed my things out of my dad's car, along with a comfort stuffed animal which I had to bring everywhere.

"I love you too, I'll see you tomorrow."

And here comes the worst night of my life.

I walked to the front door, the stairs leading up to it creaking every step I took and knocking gently. I heard my dad's car drive away, and I groaned— knowing I had no escape now.

The door opened, revealing Patrick. His firm look sort of intimidated me. "Jade," He said, his voice hoarse.

"Man Whore," I mumbled back, seeing my mom rushing down the stairs with a giant smile on her face.

"Jade!" she ran to me, giving me a big hug.

I did not hug back.

"Follow me, we have a room just for you. you're gonna love it!"

I sighed heavily as I followed her up the stairs, leading to a room with the door closed.

She opened it, and I nearly barfed.

"Wow. It's pink." I said, studying the room with a worried expression.

"Oh my gosh, you love it! See, I decorated it because I knew you were hiding your love for pink because of your dad." she jumped, "Makeups in the vanity drawer. I'll be downstairs if you need me!"

and with that, she left.

I started in the room, putting my bags down and smashing my face into the pillow that sat on the pink bed.

One night, I told myself. Just one night, and it'll be over.

When I was about to grab my phone, I heard my mom call my name.

I walked down the stairs, seeing Patrick and mom kissing. I scrunch my nose up.

"Um, ew. Hello?" I said out loud, "Can you guys not do pda right now?"

Patrick swiftly walked up to me, grabbing my cheeks and squeezing them tightly— Catching me off guard.

"What the fuck–"

"I get to kiss her lips as much as I want, she's mine and I'm replacing your dad, and you can't do shit about it." He brought his hand up, and He slapped me and then proceeded to kick me in the stomach.

This is the first time I've experienced abuse like this.

I bent over, holding my stomach gently and whining quietly. "Fuck–" I teared up and tried my hardest to stand, making eye contact with my mom. She had an emotionless face, which said everything I needed to hear.

I ran up the staircase, and into the pink bedroom. I groaned in pain as I grabbed my phone, getting ready to text my dad about what had happened.

But I deleted it, and wrote something else.

Jade. :)

I can't wait to be at home, Dad.

━━ Three Fourty Am. ━━

"FUCK!"

I shot up awake, looking around severely confused. I was still confused until I heard moans and a bed squeaking in the other room. I immediately tensed up.

There's no way they're having sex right now. I wanted to cry, and I felt the urge to. Like a long hard cry. but I held back the tears.

I grabbed my phone, seeing how late it was.

20+ new messages, 12 twitter notifications, 5 instagram notifications

However, Not one from my dad, though.

I whined and stuffed my face into my pillow, hoping it would drown out the noise. But, It didn't.

"RIGHT THERE, PATRICK!"

Could this fucking night get any worse? I just wanted to go home.

This is going to be a long ass night.