- CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

━━ Jade Clifford, 
November Second. ━━

The party wasn't that bad, truly.

I didn't really do anything though, I kinda sat in a corner the entire time— Trying to figure out if I really wanted to go to the High School my dad went to.

"Hey! My name is Hayden, you must be Del's new friend! What's your name?"

"Oh, Hello. My Name is Jade."

"wow! That's a cool name. Can I call you JD?"

After the conversations I had with everyone, I decided that I did want to go to High School and that it would be a good experience.

However, No one told me the first fucking day would come so goddamn fast. But here we are, On the first day, A week later.

I scrunched my face up at the outfit that I hadn't chosen on my bed. What does the new outfit look like you may ask? it's a fucking uniform.

The uniform had the school logo on it, and girls could wear skirts or normal leggings— but it required any new student to wear the skirt the first week, which I think was sexist.

"This is horrible," I say to myself. "Why did you choose this, Jade?"

Luckily, they had loosened rules on what shoes you wear, what jewelry you wear, and if you wear nail polish. Thank God. I put on two other rings besides the promise ring I hadn't taken off since my dad gave it to me.

I had mascara on and a light highlighter in my inner eyes. My hair was just draping down my shoulders, luckily it wasn't having a bad hair day today!

"Jade, come get Breakfast before you're too late!" My Grandma calls from downstairs. I head down the stairs and sit down at the table, seeing pancakes in front of me with whip cream and strawberries.

"What made you change your mind, bug?" My Grandpa asked.

"Figured I would be extremely lonely if I stayed here all of the time." I said, putting a strawberry in my mouth.

"I see you're happy!" My Grandma smiles softly, handing me the schedule I have.

"I am. I'm excited to make new friends and figure everything out.'' I smile. As I continue to eat, I feel my phone buzz in my pocket. I pick it up.

Super Awesome Dad !!
I miss you, I love bugs!! I hope you have an amazing first day. You're gonna do great.

Jade:)
I miss you more, Dad. You have an amazing day too, I love you!

I smile to myself, and start finishing my food faster.

After I'm done eating, I put it in the sink and rush upstairs to grab my bag, phone and other things I would need for today.

"Jade! You're going to be late, Come on!"

"Jade Clifford?" The Front Office Lady asked, raising her eyebrow at me.

"That's me." I nod.

We finish getting everything finished and my Grandma turns to me. "I'll be here at Two Forty to pick you up, Alright? I love you Jade, You're gonna have a great day."

"And we can Distribute, or find another way to do it." My math teacher says, and almost speaks up before the bell interrupts him. "Your homework is online. I urge you to do it, Please. Have a good rest of your day students!"

I begin packing up everything and shoving things into my bag, Excited to head home.

━━ Michael Clifford. ━━

"Good job guys," Our manager smiles at us, listening to our new song.

"Why thank you," We all say. "We worked hard back home."

"I know. How is everyone so far?" He asks, putting the computer down.

"Fine, hangin out— I think." Calum answered and I nodded my head in agreement.

"Mike, how are you holding up?"

I shrug, "fine— just fine."

"You miss her," Luke says as we all get into the car.

"Jade? Well, No shit. Of course I miss—"

"No, Michael." Calum says, "You miss Rachel."