- CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

━━ Jade Clifford,
Eight Months Later. ━━

The ceremony had hardly started, and I was a mess. Tears running down my face, and my hand being held by Griffin.

"I'm sobbing," Lillian said softly, wiping her tears. "This is beautiful."

Me too, Lils.

"Do you, Ariel Ridge, take Michael Clifford, to be your lawfully wedded Husband?" The officiate spoke. I looked at my dad, who had the biggest smile on his face.

"I do."

"Do you, Michael Clifford, take Ariel Ridge to be your lawfully wedded Wife?" Andy asked, and my dad immediately nodded and screamed out an 'i do'.

"You may now kiss the bride."

"Now speeches, starting off with the groom's daughter, Jade Clifford."

I smiled and let go of Griffin's hand. Griffin gave me a huge smile as I walked up to the stand, feeling nervous.

I was prepared, I think.

The piece of paper with all of the words I wanted to say was in front of me, and I stood on the front stool.

"Hi Everyone.'' I cleared my throat. "My name is Jade, I am Michael's daughter. Hi, Hello.'' I mumbled. "This is all coming from a piece of paper that I spend days, maybe even weeks writing and planning." I started off with, "But it doesn't mean anything. It's not what I really want to say." I laugh, crumpling it into a little hall and throwing it into the garbage can.

I heard gasps and people murmuring.

"As most of you know, I never had the best childhood. It was bad, and I was never treated right. My dad stuck beside me the entire time, and I thank him for that, but this speech is for Ariel." I laughed, as did some other people. "I made separate speeches for each person, Sorry."

"Ariel," I sniffled, looking up to the beautiful bride. "At first, I didn't know how I felt about you. When I was fifteen, I went through a lot and a new person in the family was the last on my list– But you made your way into my life, and I'm happy for it." I smiled. "You showed me what a Mother's real love is. You stepped in when I needed you, and for that– I thank you immensely." I felt my eyes swell up, "You helped me sneak out to see Griffin, you helped me bake– you helped me figure out I had a crush on him. Thank you."

She nodded at me.

"Thank you for helping me prank dad, and thank you for giving me a little brother."

Oh, Didn't I tell you? Ariel had a little son when she met my dad, and now we are stuck at the hip. Literally, he was clinged onto my leg.

"Thank you for acting as if I'm your own." I said, "If my Fifteen year old self saw this, she would be screaming at the fact you've helped me get a wonderful Boyfriend, Helped me learn to drive, get my license, and helped me save up to move out."

My dad stopped his sobbing to laugh and groan at my moving out statement.

"Thank you, Ariel."

She mouthed I love you to me, and I turned to my dad.

"Dad.'' I mumbled into the mic, "I grew up being close with you my entire life. You were, and still are, my ride or die. You will always be my number one best friend. Thank you for giving me the life I always wanted, and protecting me from harm. I can't thank you enough." I said, "However, I'm still holding a grudge for when you gave me to Grandma and Grandpa for fifty-one days."

My dad laughed, as did my Grandparents.

"Two years ago, I moved to Australia from October nineteenth, to December ninth." I say, walking around a little. "Although It did suck a shit ton," I say, "It was a great experience and I wouldn't change it for the world. Thank you, Grandma and Grandpa!"

My dad smiled at me as I continued. "You'll always be my best friend, forever. Thank you for being my dad, and I love you." I sniffled, swallowing the lump in my throat. "Anyways. My Dad is absolutely fucking amazing, And I love him." I turned to him, "How about some Alcohol, dad?"

"No!"

"Worth a shot!"