court dates.

The week went by too fast for Jade's liking.

They came back home 2 days ago, and now it was a Wednesday. Jade stood in front of the mirror with a summer dress on, and her white converse with her hair down.

With one big breath, she attempted to calm herself down.

"Love?" Michael spoke, knocking gently on her door. "Are you ready?"

Jade nodded, taking her phone in hand and walking out of her bedroom and out of the house with her dad beside her. Rachel hadn't appeared back at the house the whole week, which wasn't necessarily a bad thing.

"I'm nervous." Jade mumbled.

"Me too, baby, me too."

The whole drive to the court house was stressful. Michael was a bundle of fucking nerves, and Jade was barely holding herself together.

They walked into the courtroom and saw Rachel sitting with her only 2 friends — bitches that always harassed Jade whenever they felt.

Jade squeezed her dad's hand as they approached where they were to sit. Jade knew Michael still loved Rachel, he always has, so this would be hard for him.

Jade and Michael watched as Rachel approached the two, with a look of disgust, and only focused on Jade.

"Hi, Jade." Rachel smiled gently. "You can come sit with me."

Jade exhaled. "I want to stay with dad over here, but thanks."

Rachel's eyebrows flew up and she glanced at Michael. "You don't have to listen to his bribes, Jade, it's all bullshit."

"What?" Jade snapped her head up. "Dad isn't bribing me, mom. Please just go sit down and wait."

The court date didn't necessarily need Jade there for it, so Michael wasn't sure why she sort of insisted on coming. This was just to finalize the divorce.

"Alright," The Judge said. "We are here for a divorce trial between Rachel Meyer and Michael Clifford. Please be seated."

The Judge watched as everyone sat down and Rachel went back to her seat.

The opening statements happened, everyone explained what everyone wanted. Rachel and Michael both agreed that they were going to sell the house, which Jade squeezed her eyes for. Michael agreed to having a divorce settlement with Rachel — which she was very happy about.

Michael had requested that the child custody settlement happen another time, which she luckily agreed too.

It went by very smoothly, despite Rachel getting angry at Michael for asking about the child custody to be a different time. The Judge basically told her to shut up.

Jade and Michael walked out hand-in-hand with Rachel talking to her friends. And they went home.

Michael: It went ok. We have a child custody date on the 28th of August, which is in 2 weeks, and then it's decided. We agreed to sell the house. She caused a hissy fit when I requested the child custody date be moved sometime else, though.

Ashton: I'm glad it's over. It's almost dinner, are you guys hungry?

Luke: How's Jade?

Michael: We are very hungry. I'm going to take her to iHop or something. Jade's fine, stressed. Rachel suggested that I was bribing Jade and Jade told her straight up that the accusation was stupid.

Calum: That's our girl. Standing up for herself.

Michael: I just hope we'll be okay.