- CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

━━ Jade Clifford, 
December Thirteenth. ━━

I had gotten home yesterday, and I had been building so much furniture, my back was killing me. Anyways, Two days ago, I said goodbye to all of my Australian friends who I promised I'd visit super super soon. It was sad, and there were tears, but nonetheless I'm fine.

Tomorrow was a very special day. Why is it a special day, Jade? I'm glad you asked! I will start studying driving tomorrow! My Sixteenth Birthday is coming up around the corner, and I was nervous as hell. but I'd been studying all year since I first turned fifteen.

"HE GOT MY HEARTBEAT SKIPPING DOWN 16TH AVENUE— I GOT THAT UHH, I MEAN—"

I stopped my music when I heard the doorbell ring. I rushed to open it, thinking It was more for my room— but It wasn't.

"I'm coming in." She announced, pushing past me forcefully.

"Hello to you too, Lils." I mumble, closing the door and telling Alexa to pause my music. She sat down on my couch, looking stressed. "What's up?"

"Fuck– Remember that Girl I started dating in October?" She asked, looking at me with sad eyes.

"Yeah, I remember. Why?" I raised an eyebrow, putting a grape in my mouth.

"I broke up with her."

I spit out my grape, widening my eyes.

"What— Why? Lillian—"

"Don't call me Lillian, please." She pleaded.

"I'm sorry, But Lils why did you—"

Out of the blue, she fell to the floor— having a sobbing mess. I didn't know what to do.

"Jade, You just don't fucking understand!" She shouted, "Your parents never showed you love! You've never felt romance, You don't fucking know how I feel! God, You're so stupid!"

I was stunned.

"Excuse me?" I said quietly, my bottom lip quivering lightly.

She stopped crying, and looked up at me– Completely shocked she just said that. "Jade, You know I didn't mean it like that—"

"Get out, right now." I said quietly.

After a couple of seconds without her moving, I said it louder.

"Did you not fucking hear me? Get the fuck out!"

Notifications.

[jj.cliff]

lilly! cmon j, answer ur texts

[jj.cliff]

lilly! please.

LILS:DDD

helllo??? please jj just answer me i

didn't mean what i said

LILS:DDD

leaving me on read is immature, j.

weirdo

Why aren't you answering?

weirdo

looks like an 7 year old wrote that

weirdo

Want 2 ply fortnite?

Dad !! :)

gonna be late, love you.

tiktok

you've got a direct message

I laid in bed, motionless and emotionless. I watched my fan go in a circle above me and listened to cars pass by. I had just finished sobbing my eyes out, and I was tired.

"Jade?"

I jumped, falling off of my bed and immediately snapping out of my trance.

"Why haven't you been answering any texts or calls?" He asks, helping me up immediately. "Everyone's worried sick."

"I don't wanna talk about it, Dad." I murmured, brushing myself off and getting back on my bed. "Please just leave me alone."

"Jade, Please tell me what's going on." He sat down across my bed.

So, I did. I explain everything to him, from the beginning to end. I even included timestamps. By the end he is absolutely stunned. rightfully so.

"Wow, Okay." He murmurs, standing up slowly. "I will be talking to Calum about this, I'm sorry Angel. It'll be okay."