- CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

━━ Jade Clifford,
September Twelvth. ━━

Unfortunately, after I was found the court set up a date for my mom's hearing. I was scared, because I know I'll have to talk. But it's okay, Because I get to see everyone I haven't seen in a long time right after.

I had been getting nightmares from the place. I hid it well, but I was. I'm hoping it'll be better after I see my therapist this weekend.

I spun around in front of the mirror. For the hearing, I had on a cream colored sweater on and a white skirt on under along with my boots. I was happy with what I was wearing, but I would much rather be at home while resting.

But in the end, I knew this was a good thing. I exhaled and tied the laces to my boots, unhappy that I didn't have a new phone quite yet.

"Are you ready, kiddo?" My dad asked as he walked in, smiling at me.

"Am I ever gonna be really ready for this?" I laughed sadly, seeing him frown and bring me into a hug.

"I love you so much."

"I love you too, dad."

━━ Third person. ━━

"Unreal how I'm seeing the Cliffords again after two months, Hm?" The Judge laughed, looking at Jade. "Hello Jade, how are you holding up?"

"I'm doing alright." Lie. Jade tried to smile.

"That's brilliant." The Judge smiled, "Alright so, Mrs. Meyers and Mr. Harrison is here for second degree kidnapping and Obstruction to a Police-Officer. Is that correct?"

"yes." Rachel responded, her voice low and quiet.

"You are extremely stupid, Mrs. Meyers." The Judge spat. Rachel let out a loud gasp, but the Judge continued. "You abandon your Daughter, and then set her up for a lifetime of trauma? You are a horrible woman and I can't wait to sentence you."

Rachel stared long and hard at the Judge, angry. The Judge paid no matter, and turned to Jade and Michael.

"Michael Clifford, You are granted full custody of your daughter even after Rachel Meyers gets released. You both deserve a life full of happiness."

Jade and Michael hugged each other tightly, but held in the screams of excitement until after the hearing was officially done.

"Mrs. Meyers and Mr. Harrison, you both are sentenced with ten years of Prison and are both fined twenty thousand dollars. You both are not eligible for parole, or bail."

━━ Jade Clifford. ━━

I jumped into my dad's arms the second the Judge dismissed us, and I hugged him tightly. "You have me forever!" I said excitedly.

"I have you forever!" He laughed and spun me around. "Alright let's get out of here, we have to meet up with your uncles."

I happily nodded as my dad walked out in front of me, But sadly; curiosity got the best of me and I turned around. The sight of my mother being dragged out of the court room didn't seem to please my mind, especially when you know it was your fault.

"Jade?" My dad called out.

"Coming."

We made our way to the car, and I got in the passenger's seat and buckled up.

We sat outside my uncle Calums house, seeing all of the cars that belonged to the people I hadn't seen in months. I shivered in fear, "I'm nervous."

"There's no need. I'll be beside you the entire time, okay?" My dad assured me. I nodded slowly and got out of the car. We made our way to the front door and knocked.

A few seconds later, Uncle Calum opened the door. And it's safe to say I launched into his arms without a second thought.

"Jade, Holy shit!" He gasped, picking me up into his arms and spinning me around. "You're here, You're here! You're really here!"

He set me down after a few seconds and cupped my face, "I've missed you so fucking much, Come on inside, everyones waiting."

We made our way inside, and I met the eyes of all of my cousins.

And the next thing you know, I was tackled to the ground in hugs and kisses all over my face. 

━━ 

After everyone reunited, we all sat down on the couch-- catching up on small talk and I enjoyed hearing how everyone was.

My Dad and Uncles suddenly walked into the room with a gloomy demeanor. "Kids, We have to talk." 

"About what?"

"In order to successfully restart our music career, we have to go to London for a while. Which means the lot of you, won't be able to come with us."