- CHAPTER TWENTY

━━ Jade Clifford,
October Fifth. ━━

"I am so jet-lagged."

My dad laughed, keeping me close to his side as we exited the baggage claim area. I lazily followed my dad.

"When are we meeting Grandma?" I asked, looking around.

My dad shrugged, looking around himself. "Oh, Right now!"

He pointed in front of us, and I squinted to get a better look at who he was pointing to. As a matter of fact, the person he was pointing to was my grandma.

I squealed happily and ran into her arms that were spread open. She gives me a giant hug.

"Jade! My My! Have you gotten older! How old are you now, Fifteen?" She smiles softly. "You are absolutely gorgeous."

I felt myself blush and I smiled. "Come, Come now. Your Grandpa is waiting in the car."

"Your house is lovely, Grandma." I complimented, taking a look at the inside of my dad's childhood home around me. "It's amazing."

"Thank you, Dear." My Grandma smiled, taking my hand. "Come on, let's look at your room."

We made our way up the atrociously long staircase, and around the corner where a door was. It had a sign on it that was labeled, Jade's room. I smiled and slowly opened the door.

I gasped.

"Do you like it?" My Grandma asked, a sense of Hopefulness in her voice.

"I–I love it! Thank you grandma!" I gave her a big hug.

My dad came in behind us and looked around the room, laughing.

"You are spoiled."

I giggled as my Grandma left the room.

"Hey, Jade." My dad kneeled down in front of me, "I have a question for you."

"Okay. . ." I raised an eyebrow.

"I was thinking of enrolling you into the school I went to when I was a kid. How does that sound?" He asked.

"Oh wow. Um, Can I have a bit to think about it?"

━━ Michael Clifford. ━━

Am I scared?

Yes.

Do I trust she'll be okay?

No.

I don't know why I asked, because in all honesty, I don't even want her to go. It was a shit school, but my mom suggested I let her have the experience.

"I'm hoping to get an accent, maybe even a washed out one." she told me.

"Honey, you can't learn an accent in one to six months." I laughed softly, pulling her into a side hug. "It takes years—"

"You have one!"

"Correction, had." I corrected her, "It's basically gone by now."

She and I continued talking about the basic things until around 5, when I had a meeting with the guys at 5:30.

"Guys, I'm scared." I whined. "Kids are mean nowadays, I also don't want Jade ending up in the wrong crowd."

"Mike, calm down."

"I mean— boys! What if she meets a Boy, And all Teenage Boys want is to use girls." I exhaled, "And if any boy breaks my Princess's heart, I will end up in jail for murder, Okay?"

"Michael." Luke interrupted me, "You've got to learn to trust her, and how she does things."

"I know, and I do. Trust me. But, I was also 15 once! And as a Boy, I know how their brains work."

"Michael Gordon Clifford." Ashton cut me off, shutting me up completely. "Shut the fuck up."

"But—"

"Jade is and will be perfectly fine." Ashton patted my shoulder, "You have got to trust her."

"We leave in two weeks. How is she— No, How am I going to handle this?" I mumbled, "Fuck! I don't even know if she's comfortable with this."

"Oh my god," Calum mumbled, putting his head in his hands.

"Can we just go home? I'm tired,'' Luke grumbled.