- CHAPTER TEN.

━━ Jade Clifford,
August Third. ━━

I sat outside the restaurant. My mom and Patrick left, not saying any words; other than that they'll see me soon.

The food I was forced to eat did not sit well in my stomach, and I was throwing up every five seconds. Soon, I wasn't even throwing anything up and I was just dry heaving.

I missed my dad and needed him here now.

━━ Michael Clifford. ━━

"Thanks for being here, guys."

The guys had come to dinner with me. We all sat at a booth in a fine restaurant in Los Angelos.

"Of course, man." Calum patted me on the back. "We love you."

I smiled at Calum but slowly looked down at my phone. I was a bit worried because Jade hadn't texted me quite yet— and she was with her mom.

"How are you doing though, Mike?"

I sighed deeply, looking up from my phone at the people in front of me. "I'm better, I bought that house down at—"

Then, I became distracted by my phone buzzing.

Jade.

Come pick me up, I'm throwing up and

Patrick came along with mom. I don't

feel good.

I frowned, reading the message.

"What? What's wrong?" Luke asked, seemingly worried.

"Damn, I'm sorry guys, But Jade needs me to pick her up, Rachels friend came along, and she's throwing up." I mumbled, gathering my things, "I promise I'll pay you guys back for dinner—"

"Don't worry about it, mate." Ashton smiled, "Go pick her up."

I got up, rushing out the resturant when I saw another text from my poor daughter.

Jade.

They left.

Michael.

On my way. What happened?

Jade.

So much.

Jade sent me her location as I started my car and began to drive out of the parking lot. I looked closly and realized that she was in fucking downtown Los Angelos. What the fuck was Rachel thinking?

Once I got closer, the surroundings of my vehicle became different, It was a lot more dirty down here, and I don't know how Jade lasted at least ten minutes down here or how I even agreed to let her go. It was a horrible decision.

I pulled into the parking lot and parked, seeing Jade on the floor throwing up into the bushes.

I rushed out of my car and down beside her, rubbing her back gently as she continued heaving and throwing up stomach acid.

"Daddy—" she sobbed, "They fed me gross food."

Of course.

I stood her up gently and brought her to my car, "Come on Angel, let's get you home. Can you make it there without throwing up?"

She nodded gently, sitting in the passenger seat. "Where's your mom?"

She sniffled and shrugged, "I'm not sure. They left ten minutes ago."

I felt my fist tighten and grow angrier. She's fifteen, in downtown Los Angelos all by herself at fucking 15 years old.

"Oh Baby, alright. Let's get you home, shall we?"

"I want to go home so bad," She complained as I got into the drivers seat.

I felt so bad. I watched as she watched the cars go by, looking pale by the minute.

We got to the Hotel we had been staying at, I had told her to go ahead and start a warm shower or bath and that I'd be waiting with proper dinner prepared.

MICHAEL.

Rachel gave Jade food poisoning. sSe's throwing up everything and is sick to the core. I feel so goddamn bad.

CALUM.

Damn:( I'm sorry. Is she okay?

ASHTON.

How bad is it?

MICHAEL.

She's taking a hot shower right now. It's

bad, I mean, She was throwing up

everything she'd eaten today, Rachel

left before I could get there, not to mention

also leaving our 15-year-old in the downtown

area.

LUKE.

Have you taken her to the doctor? If it gets

worse, definitely take her.

MICHAEL.

Yeah, I will. Alright, I've gotta go. See you guys

soon.

━━ Jade Clifford. ━━

I sat in the bath, listening to music on a low volume and the candle going.

I just wanted to cry.

I felt sick. My mom hadn't cared for me lately, a man I don't even know slapped me, and I couldn't say a word to my dad.

I felt alone. and yes, I know that I'm not alone in the slightest. But at this moment, I felt alone.