- CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

━━ Jade Clifford,
October Twenty-First. ━━ 

"Alrighty so," My Grandma mumbles, pulling out a Credit Card. "Your Dad gave me a Credit Card so that you can buy things whilst you're here and won't have to go moneyless."

"Oh! Perfect, That's good." I smiled, chewing the cereal I had prepared.

"Goodness! Look at the time, I best be heading off to Bingo." She gasped, getting up. "Be ready by Five PM! We have to go shopping."

"Alright." I nodded, "Be safe!"

"Hello! Welcome to Gold Coast Cafe, How may I help you?" The Girl behind the counter smiled.

"Hello! Can I just get a Chai Tea Latte?" I ask, smiling.

"Of course, anything else?" She smiles. "Also, Weird question. Are you from the United States?"

"California, yes." I hum. "And that's all!"

"Oh my gosh! That's so cool, Um– I'm about to go on break, are you busy? I would love to get to know you!"

A few minutes later, me and this girl are at a table— drinking hot chocolate.

"It's not as lovely as people make it out to be." I tell her, scrunching up my face from the many gross encounters I've had.

"That sounds awful." She frowns.

"Well, I mean." I take a sip of my drink. "It's not all bad! We have cool tourist attractions. But that's really it, Unless you count—"

"Are you by chance Michael Clifford's daughter?"

I widen my eyes immediately, "What—"

"Oh my god! You are!" She gasps. "I knew it! I knew your eyes looked familiar."

"No!— Shush, please." I shushed her quickly, "No one can know."

"Oh, My bad. Sorry, I hadn't realized I was being loud. My name is Delaney.'' She introduced herself. "What are you doing here in Sydney?"

"I'm not really supposed to say," I scratch my neck, and put a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"I understand." She nods, "Are you going to be here for a while?"

I shrug, "Maybe."

"I see. Well, If you're gonna be here tonight, You should come to the annual end of Winter, and start of Spring! It's huge."

"I don't know.." I trail off, "I've never been to a real party."

"Well if you want to go, Here's my number." She smiled, handing me a card with her number written on the back. "I should go back to work, I'll see you around, Jade!"

I decided to go to the party, only because I needed an excuse to not think of how my Dad was doing right now. I had asked my Grandma previously about going, and she said no. So, I was sneaking out!

I know, not the best impression but It's okay. My dad used to sneak out all of the time.

I made my way around the corner of my driveway, and saw Delaney's car parked by a street light. I entered the vehicle, and smiled.

"Are you ready?" she asks as i jump into the car.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I mumble, closing the car door.