- CHAPTER TWELVE.

━━ Jade Clifford,
August fifth. ━━

I stood in front of the mirror, studying my outfit for the hot Los Angeles day.

I had on overalls, the ones with shorts and one of the strap things was undone. I had on a black swimsuit underneath, because it was also a pool party.

Everyone should be on their way in half an hour, and my dad was setting up the music outside.

Lucky for us, we live in a pretty isolated area, so we aren't gonna bother people.

I was in charge of getting the food set up and other things, so I was on my way to do that.

I connected my airpods onto my phone, turned on Taylor Swift and started on the vegetable platter.

━━ Michael Clifford ━━

I was excited for the party— I was finally getting some relaxation along with a party with my friends.

"Honey!" I yelled from the patio, seeing her lookup. "Can you unlock the gate? Luke's here."

Jade rushed to the gate quickly and I heard a couple hellos and laughs.

She walked in with a group of people behind her.

Immediately, her and Alyssa started talking about god knows what.

Luke came up to me, handing me a beer and sighing.

"How's it going?" he asked, clinking his bear into mine.

"Fine." I mumbled, taking a sip of my beer as I watched Jade interact with everyone.

━━ Jade Clifford. ━━

"Dude! I've got tan lines." Alyssa excitedly said. "I thought I couldn't tan, only sunburn."

"Lucky." I murmured, grabbing some punch. "How's school going for you?"

"Dad won't let us leave our private school, so right now we are not doing online."

I wasn't exactly excited for online school. I've been in a private school up until now.

Of course, it's not like I enjoyed school. I purely enjoyed the happiness of going somewhere everyday, especially with my parents fighting day and night.

"—And it's not even the fact that I like my house, it's the fact that I can't enjoy it. you know?"

What the hell are we talking about?

"Wait huh?"

"Nevermind! Look, you have to let me help you with your room." Alyssa begged, putting her hands together.

I laughed, and said no.

━━

It was now a couple hours later, and my dad wanted to talk to me after the party.

The party was almost over, and we all had tons and tons of fun. It was like a whole family get-together.

Lillian and I were talking about this girl who lives in Nevada, someone she's been crushing on and I'm happy for her. I love her to death, and nothing will change that.

Anyways, I sat down on the couch after the last person had left, and my dad came and sat next to me, grabbing my hand. "I have bad news, princess." he said in a low tone, i immediately got chills.

"What is it?"

"Your mom is making me send you there for a night, and I am so sorry."