- CHAPTER EIGHT.

━━ Michael Clifford,
August Third. ━━

"How is the ice cream?" I laughed as I saw Jade's face covered in chocolate ice cream, all around her lips.

"It's good."

"So, I was thinking." Jade looked up at me. "Maybe we buy a nice house and move in as soon as possible?" I suggested.

She smiled brightly. "That sounds perfect, Dad."

Unfortunately, Her mom never let us remodel the house— at all. I mean it was all classic and old.

"We should go soon," I mumbled, checking the time.

MICHAEL.

I'm so fucking happy. Jade is with me legally,

We are driving home to pack up. I'm hoping Rachel

Isn't there?

ASHTON.

What are you guys going to do if she is there? What if

she never gives Jade back?

MICHAEL.

No idea.

CALUM.

I would get on good terms with Rachel or try. It's possible, and it's happened before.

LUKE.

Has Caroline ever done that?

CALUM.

Luckily, No. I'd be so lost if Caroline kept our kids from me.

MICHAEL.

Imagine if Rachel got full custody. I would die.

We pulled up to the house, and I saw the one thing I was dreading.

Rachel's car is in the driveway.

Jade had a worried expression and I grabbed her hand, squeezing it. "Don't worry. You'll be fine, I'll be next to you."

She nodded. "Alright. Let's go."

When we entered the house, we both saw a man standing in the living room-- holding a photo frame.

"Who the fuck are you?" Jade spat out and crossed her arms. The Unnamed man looked at Jade, shocked.

"Rach, Who's that?" he asked, and Rachel walked in with a smug look.

"Ah, my ex-husband and daughter." Rachel quickly smiled at Jade, which visibly surprised her.

"You have a daughter?" He seemed shocked.

"yes, I do. Jade, meet Patrick." Rachel greeted, "and this is my ex-husband, Michael."

"Oh, Um. Nice to meet you," Jade mumbled. She tried to walk past the two to go upstairs, but Rachel stopped her by grabbing her shoulder.

"What are you--" Jade was cut off.

"Stay. We have to talk. Where are you going anyways?"

"Mom, I have to pack." Jade shoved Rachel's arm off gently.

"I was thinking. How about you and I go to dinner tonight? It's a nice place downtown. It's peaceful and quiet."

My eyebrows knitted together, "Rachel I have her tonight." I said. Rachel shot me a glare and crossed her arms.

"If I remember correctly, The Judge said I get Jade whenever I want." She snarled, "Would you mind, Jade?"

"I mean. . ." Jade scratched her elbow, "I'm sorry mom, But Dad and I have plans tonight--"

"Too late, Jade." Rachel smiled, "I've made a reservation already."

Jade frowned immediately, looking to me for help. I just looked at her helplessly.

"I'm done packing," Rachel sighed. "For today."

"Who is he to you?" Jade asked, motioning to Patrick who was standing confused.

"Oh! He's just one of my friends, nothing to worry about." Rachel smiled but never looked over at me.

Jade frowned a little, knowing her mom was lying. She didn't say anything before she headed upstairs to her bedroom. I frowned as well.

"Michael." Rachel snapped her head to me, her happiness immediately disappearing once our daughter was out of sight. "Fill her head with lies, and I will ruin your life. Got that? I'll pick her up at eight."

━━ Jade Clifford. ━━

'He's just a friend,' my fucking ass.

I didn't want to go to this dinner at all. Not one bit. I shook my head, feeling the tears beg to come out. Instead, I got up and walked to my closet, and began grabbing all of the clothes that I wanted.

I felt my phone buzz, and I grabbed it.

mom.

Wear something nice. A dress perhaps?

I whined, throwing my head back in frustration.

I put my phone on charge and grabbed a suitcase to put everything into it. I shoved my clothes neatly— they had everything into a designated spot.

I grabbed a second box that labeled vinyl and record player. It would have my record player and vinyl in it.

I put another box down. It was labeled miscellaneous.

I put my books and notebooks into my second suitcase, filled journals and a little baggie of guitar picks, and my capo.

My dad told me to fit what I could and that we'd be back next week with movers to move the furniture we wanted.

I can't wait to be in a new room.

"I found a house!" My dad said, smiling at me from the driver's seat, "Four bedrooms, three bathrooms. One story, and it's got a pool with a view of Los Angelos." He hummed, "I already bought it, We get the keys on Tuesday!"