- CHAPTER THIRTY

━━ Jade Clifford, 
January Third. ━━

"You're going on a date?" I frown a little, watching my dad frantically get ready for his date. ''And you didn't tell me until ten freakin' minutes before you're leaving?"

"I'm sorry baby, I know. I should've told you days before and I'm sorry." he said, putting his body spray on. I frowned more.

"Who is it with?"

"Her name is Ariel, She's amazing and gorgeous. You're going to love her. But only when you're comfortable to meet her, okay?" My dad smiled. oh, that's nice.

"Either way, even If I am going on a date." My dad begins. "Tell me if you need anything or if something happens, and I'll come home."

I just nodded. "Have fun." I mumble, turning around and walking fast to my bedroom– closing the door. I gulped.

If he can go on a date without telling me, so can I. When I knew my dad left, I texted Aiden's friend, Griffin.

"Hey." I smiled as I opened my front door.

"Hey, Jade. How are you?" Griffin asks, coming in after I moved out of the way for him. "I brought you some flowers, I hope that's okay."

"That's perfect." I blushed a little. "I was thinking that we could go to a sunset lookover?"

"Sounds perfect."

━━ Two weeks later. ━━

"Oh, Shut up!" I laughed, throwing a pillow at Griffin (Who was behind a computer screen.). "You're so annoying, Y'know that?"

"Oh darling, I know." He smirks. "You tell me every single day."

"Bye, I'm hanging up."

"No! Wait, Before you do– I wanted to ask you something." He quickly says.

"What?"

"I'm gonna pick you up tonight, That okay? Be ready."

Sneaking out was harder than I thought it was. But I was successfully out of my room. All was well until I hit the kitchen, where my dad's girlfriend; Ariel, Stood.

"Oh– Fuck!" Ariel whisper-screamed. "You scared me so bad. Are you sneaking out?"

"Um, No?" I bit my lip.

"I'll cover for you, go have fun and be safe."