Auction

Nate

"My father wants me to go to all these meetings and Leo is just my support. I seriously can't handle them" I chuckled and she laughed.

"I remember when I was a child, my parents would have all those family meetings and I hated them" She laughed lightly probably reminiscing. I saw her face fell and instantly panicked.

No no no, don't go sad on me now.

"Your hair is nice" I said without really realizing it.

She laughed and scoffed, "My hair's a mess"

"I think you look pretty" I said quietly.

Damn Nate what are you even saying?

"Your eyes are so pretty too, I just wish you could look at me more"

Yeah I fucked that up.

"T-thank you" She smiled still looking down. She leaned back on the couch watching TV.

I was awkwardly sitting next to her low key wishing she would fall asleep so I could leave and find out the truth.

After a while I looked back at her and noticed that she was asleep.

"Rose? Rosy?" I called out, but she didn't make a sound. She really was asleep. I picked her up carefully and got her to bed.

I sat on the bed for a while and looked at her.

"Please don't be lying to me" I whispered.

I turned off all the lights and left the apartment after leaving a note with my phone number on the kitchen counter. I wanted her to be able to reach me if something happened.

I took out my phone and called him while I got into my car.

"Hey Nate, where are you?" He asked cheerfully. I could hear music. He was already there. Maybe a little drunk too which worked in my favor since he would confess easier.

"I'm on my way" I told him and ended the call.

He has no idea what he has coming.

I was there in a few minutes. I was really nervous for some reason. My hands were sweaty and I had a weird urge to throw up.

I stood outside the bar getting mentally prepared and took out my phone and pressed the recording button.

I entered the bar and my gaze immediately fell on him. He also say me and smiled.

"Hey Nathan!" He greeted. I held myself back from cringing.

Who even calls me Nathan anymore?

"Long time no see" He said and gave me his hand to shake. I smiled and took his hand but he pulled me in for a hug.

Disgusting.

He reeked of alcohol.

Now that I think about it, that greasy long hair is definitely like the hair that guy had at the party.

"Come on let's go sit and catch up" He said and led me to a table. "How have you been? How's Ares and Leo"

There we go.

"I-I don't really know, I haven't seen them in a while" I chuckled awkwardly.

"What? Weren't you best friends? And in the same gang?" He asked.

"We were but-" I sighed and looked down, "Not anymore"

"Why?" He asked looking genuinely concerned. I kind of felt bad that I was straight up lying to him.