My Angel

Nate

"Leo send backup" Ares said on his phone.

"I can handle this" I said.

"I'm not letting you. There are four men out there. It's either we both go or we wait" He said.

"Okay" I said "You got it boss"

"That's what I thought" He smirked and turned around to check if we were alone.

I took the opportunity and ran towards the men.

"Nate!" He yelled. I turned around and threw him a glare.

I halted when they all pointed their guns at me and put my hands up dropping my gun.

"Okay that was a stupid decision" I commented.

"Damn right it was" The 'leader' of the squad said. "It's either you or your boss now boy. Give us his location and you'll be free"

"You will set me free right? Look I have a family, I have a wife and kids. I value my life, I need to be sure you will let me go" I lied.

"I give you my word" The guy said.

Aw now I feel kind of bad. Actually no.

"Okay" I said and then pointed to where Ares was. "He's right there behind the wall" I said.

The guy gave me a dirty look and ordered two of the man to watch me.

Oh man, two?! Seriously?!

They both had their guns pointed at me as the other two were walking towards the wall Ares was hiding behind.

I had to move quick.

I quickly grabbed both the guns pointed at my head while kneeling down so they wouldn't get me.

The men walking towards Ares heard it and I only got to kill one before the 'leader' shot my shoulder and grazed my leg, but before he could do any damage, I killed him as well.

The guys behind me had taken out their knives as if they stood a chance. They only got a few scratches in before they were on the ground. One dead and one barely alive.

Damn, I'm good.

I fell to the floor clutching my shoulder as Ares ran towards me giving me a death glare.

"I told you not to go out here!" He yelled at me, "I would punch you so hard if you weren't already injured" He mumbled shaking his head.

"I'm fine" I groaned.

"Fuck, I agree to let you work again only for you to go out there like you don't care if you get yourself killed"

"Your life means much more than mine-"

"Shut up!" He yelled. "You ever thought about what I would do if you were gone because of me? What Leo would do?" He asked, "What Rose would do?"

The last one got me the most. Ares and Leo didn't need me they loved me and I loved them, but they didn't need me. Rosy did for the time being. She was a strong woman, but she couldn't beat Cole alone.

I shouldn't act so careless now that she's under my protection.

"Okay, you're right" I admitted. "I'm sorry"

He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, "I called the doctor, he'll be at your apartment in a few minutes. Let's go" He said helping me up.

"Hey, hold up. My apartment?" I questioned.