Goodbye Kiss

Rose

"W-what do you mean tomorrow?" I asked feeling my mouth trembling.

"Tomorrow we're taking down Cole Rosy, just thought you should know" He smiled softly

"Why d-didn't you tell me earlier?" I asked.

I was scared. I didn't want anything to happen to him and if something did happen to him I would regret everything. I didn't get the time to say goodbye or get to know him better or-

"Hey love, don't stress about it okay?"

"What if something happens to you? Nate you don't have to do this-"

He held both my wrists and stared at me.

"Look at me" He demanded. I flinched at the tone he used but lifted my head to look at him. I stared at the wall behind him. I couldn't look at him. "Into my eyes" He added in the same tone. I took a deep breath and landed my gaze on him.

I saw a ghost of a smile form on his lips. He seemed happy but I could see his eyes watering, making his inky blue eye color appear lighter.

"You never look at me" He whispered. I could hear a crack in his voice. "Before you I thought I was nothing-" He smiled bitterly, "-but when you look at me I feel like I'm worth something. Weird right?"

My heart was beating loudly as he got closer.

"I never thought a girl could do that to me" He whispered leaning his forehead on mine. "You don't have to feel the same but let me do this for you"

"Nate you saved me. No one ever treated me as good as you did. You're funny and charming a-and handsome how could I not feel the same?" I admitted.

He chuckled, "You think I'm all that?"

"I know you are" I said with a smile.

He leaned in and pressed his lips on mine.

Why does it feel like a goodbye kiss?

"We have all the time in the world Rosy. I promise I'll come back tomorrow safe and sound" He smiled and rubbed the back of his neck, but it was a sad smile, "Cole has nothing on me right?" He chuckled. He was trying to cover up his sadness.

"Of course" I laughed.

"But I need to know something before I go" He said. "How far did he go?" He asked his face turning serious.

Hundreds of images flashed through my mind and I looked down.

"I know I shouldn't be asking that, but I need to know" He said.

"He-he-" I trailed off not able to continue. I was ashamed. I slid my hands off of his and hugged myself.

"You don't have to tell me-"

"I want to" I said determined, but I couldn't say it. It wouldn't come out.

"Did he harass you? Sexually?"

That seemed to help my awkwardness and I nodded. At least I didn't have to say it.

His sharp jaw clenched as he nodded. I saw him clench his fist. He seemed to be thinking about something.

"I'm sorry-"

"Why? You shouldn't be sorry, he should be sorry" He said raising his voice a little, "And he will be. I promise you that Rosy"

I was worried about him. He seemed so angry that I was scared he would do something impulsive, but I wasn't scared. Even though we've only known each other for a couple of months, I'd grown to know him since I'd been spending so much time with him.

"If anything happens, if you notice anything suspicious, I want you to call this number okay?" He asked giving me his phone and showing me a contact, Leo's, "This is Leo's number. Leo will be available and he will send a team to come get you if anything happens. Please don't hesitate okay?" He asked. "I won't need my phone so you can have it"

"Okay" I said nodding.

"I will spend the night with the boys because we still have some plotting to do" He revealed.

I was a little disappointed. I wanted to spend the night with him.

"Don't worry, tomorrow it will be all over" He said and kissed my forehead.

I hope so.

_________

I was pacing around the apartment. I shouldn't have come with him that night. I shouldn't have put him in danger.

It was afternoon and I was thinking of what he could be doing right now. I had his phone in my hands in case anything happened.

Could he be fighting now? Was he okay?

I was restless. I felt so bad for just sitting here safe while Nate was probably risking his life for me right now.

Maybe I was useless after all. Maybe Cole was right.

I clenched the phone in my hands as I heard banging on the door. It was frantic and I wondered if it was him.

No no, he had keys.

Someone started trying to break down the door and I quickly turned on the phone trying to find the number as I ran into the furthest room.

I locked myself in the bathroom and hid inside the shower as I pressed on the contact.

I heard the door breaking down and several footsteps around the apartment.

Please pick up. Please.

They seemed to notice the door to the bathroom was locked and started trying to break it down.

"Hello?" I heard Leo's voice.

"Help!" was all I managed to say before the broke down the door and barged in.