Passionate

Rose

I'd woken up late in the afternoon and was trying to realize what was going on. I soon realized Nate wasn't home which made me really angry.

I had convinced him to stay home until he was well enough to walk without limping, but I guess he'd broken his promise.

I wondered what was so important that he had to go. Why wouldn't he listen to me? I only wanted him to be okay.

I waited for him to come back home. I was already really annoyed but I was trying to console it. I didn't want me and Nate to fight. He must've had an important reason to go.

Suddenly, I started getting worried. Maybe something was wrong and he absolutely had to go somewhere. Maybe he wasn't okay. My mind was filling up with scenarios and I couldn't control it.

I sighed and turned on the TV to distract myself. After several hours, I heard someone unlock the door.

"Hey Rosy" He greeted.

I turned around to look at him, "Where were you?" I asked with a serious tone.

"Rose I'm sorry but I had to-"

"You're not answering my question"

I felt like I was pushing him too much. Where he was was his own business after all.

"I went to Cole's and then went to our base to fill in Ares and Leo about my progress" He said.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked. I was still sitting on the couch hugging myself and he walled towards me and took a seat beside me.

"I was scared you wouldn't let me, I had to go Rosy" He said desperately.

"Okay" I whispered not wanting to fight him about this. All this time with Cole had taught me many lessons, one of them was pick your own battles and that's how I learned to be obedient.

He reached out to touch my face but I flinched automatically. I regretted it immediately. I didn't want him to think I was scared of him.

"Hey, don't be like that" He whispered.

"I'm just worried about you. You're obsessed with taking Cole down and you forget about what's good for you"

"I just want you to be finally free. You deserve it Rosy" He said.

"And what happens after I'm free?" I asked.

"We will find your parents and you'll go fix your life"

Oh.

Somehow I felt rejected. Why was I so stupid as to think he wanted me around? Of course he didn't. I wouldn't want me around either if I were him.

"I see. I'm going to bed. Goodnight" I whispered not trusting my own voice and then stood up walking towards my room.

It didn't take him long to figure out why I reacted like this and after a few seconds I felt his big hand around my wrist.

"Rose, I didn't mean it like that" He said.

I sighed quietly and out on a smile on my face as I turned to face him, "Like what?" I asked pretending to be clueless.

He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, "I don't want to get rid of you"

"Nate, I understand. We're not related in any way. Why would you want me around?"

"No that's not it!" He looked frustrated, like he wanted to tell me something but couldn't find words to say it.

"Nate, I understand" I said reaching for his hand.