Fall Apart

Rose

I was trembling as I tried to keep quiet. I didn't want them to hear me crying. They would hurt me again.

The worse thing was Nate was probably in danger now too. I wouldn't blame him if he gave up on me. Even though deep down I was hoping he didn't.

I felt helpless and useless. I couldn't do anything but obey the man who had captured me. That man who looked like Cole. The resemblance gave away the fact that he was his father, but I also heard him mention it.

I could hear some voices coming from the first floor. I was underground in a room tied to a chair. I tried to make out the voices, but I couldn't.

I heard someone walking toward me and held my breath. My eyes were covered to I couldn't see anything. The person walked closer.

"Hey um, I'm going to untie you now. Don't be scared okay?" Hs asked. Why did he sound nice?

He uncovered my eyes and I gasped when I saw who was in front of me.

He looked like Nate, but it wasn't him. Nate's features were darker.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I'm Dean. I'm Nate's twin brother" He smiled.

"W-why are you here? Where is Nate?" I asked feeling desperate.

"Hey hey, calm down okay? Nate is upstairs. He just found out our dad betrayed him, but he's here" He said.

"Your dad? What do you mean?" I asked frowning.

"The man who kidnapped you, Cole's father. Our dad sided with him for God knows what reason but we really need to get you out of here" He said in one breath.

"Okay" I said as he began untying me.

After a few minutes I stood up feeling my hands and legs sore. I stretched and moved around a bit.

"So what's the plan now?"I asked.

"Come with me" He said holding a gun in his hand. "You come with me, but you won't show yourself until I tell you to, okay?" He said and I nodded.

He led me upstairs and we hid in a corner. I could see the scene clearly now andmy heart was beating so hard that I was scared they would hear it.

There were two men on one side. Cole's father and Nate's father and they both had guns pointed at Nate. Cole was on the ground looking unconscious, but the sight of him scared me.

Nate looked conflicted and hurt. He was in shock due to what he'd found.

He raised his hands and pointed his gun at them. They both gestured towards theur guns. I held myself back from gasping.

"Nate we will shoot, don't move" His father said.

"Shut up!" He yelled. He was shaking all over and I could see how hurt and angry he was. "I don't care. You want to kill me? Kill your own son? Do it. Let's see what mom will do"

"Nate I had to do this for you. You can't give up on everything for a girl. I'm doing this to protect you"

He's in danger because of me

"So you had the right to love, but I don't"

"You don't love her. Why can't you see that? It's just excitement, you wouldn't know what love is" He said.

"Don't ever talk about love to me again. You're threatening to kill your own child for a piece of trash!" He yelled and spat at them.

"I understand you're angry but you will thank me someday" He said.

"Nate, there are men right outside. If you shoot they will attack" Cole's father said.

Please don't shoot Nate.

"Oh yeah?" Dean's voice was heard as he stood behind Cole's father with his gun pointed at him.

"Dean what are you doing here?" Both Nate and his father asked.

"Helping my family" Dean said smiling at Nate.

"If you shoot my men will attack"

"I don't care" Nate said and shot Cole's father

Several men barged in but Dean was already helping me up. I saw Nate hiding behind objects and shooting the men trying to fight them back. Just on time, I saw Ares and some other men going through the door. They helped Nate but the others still outnumbered them.

Nate's father was nowhere to be found. Cole's father was on the ground and seemed unconscious and Cole was now being taken by one of Ares' men.

It was just chaos and I wanted to find a way to help but I couldn't.

Nate's gaze met mine as his features relaxed and he smiled, "Rosy" He called out, but his face fell as he noticed something. His eyes widened and he jumped in front of me wrapping his arms around me like a shield.

I felt my world falling apart as I saw Cole's father shooting him.