Future

Nate

I was waiting for her to ask me that question for months now. I didn't mind answering. I didn't have anything to hide and I also didn't want any secrets between us.

"So I started this job when I was twelve as you know. Of course I didn't start all that right away. Ares and I were best friends since diapers and something terrible happened to him. He took over his father's business and with the help of his father's men he became what he is today which is a mafia leader"

"You were younger than him right?" She asked.

"Yes I was still a little kid and Ares had stopped hanging out with me. I didn't know why and I kept asking him but he didn't want to tell me because he was protecting me. When I became twelve I found out about everything and I asked him to accept me as one of his men"

"What about your parents though?" She asked.

"My parents didn't know at the time. They thought we were just best friends and hung out a lot. After weeks of trying to convince him to take me in, he said yes"

"So you did it to support your friend?"

I chuckled bitterly remembering everything.

"I had another reason. Our family was really poor back then. My father's business was still really small. That was when my grandma was diagnosed with breast cancer. Working with Ares provided me with money so I could pay for her treatments and give my parents money. Ares didn't find out about my grandma until she died. If he knew he would just give me money and I didn't want that"

My grandma had basically raised me. She was a sweet woman who taught me many things. She was like a mother to me.

"That's so sweet of you Nate, I'm sorry you had to go through that" She said stroking my hand, "How didn't your parents find out though if you gave them money?" She asked.

"I told them I had three jobs. I barely graduated high school. I didn't really need it anyway. I wasn't planning on having a family Rosy. I didn't think I would have someone to care for. I will quit if you don't feel comfortable" I said holding her hand.

"I don't want to tell you what to do and what not. You can do what you want just don't kill innocent people" She said.

"Innocent people, no"

"Did you ever do drugs?" She asked.

"Nope. Sold them many times but never did drugs. I only smoke sometimes, but I feel like I don't need that now that I have you"

"What do I have to do with that?" She asked.

"You're my new addiction" I smirked and kissed her, "How about we go back home now?"

_______

"Damn dude you seem happy" Leo pointed out.

"I bet she said yes" Ares said.

"Of course she did" I scoffed.

"Oh yeah? Because yesterday you were sure she was going to say no" Leo said.

"Ey ey shut up" I said and threw him a pillow.

"So you're going to see the house today?" Ares asked.

"Yes, I really hope she likes it"

Rosy was still sleeping and I was hanging out with the guys in our main room. I decided to go check up on her and left the room.

I opened the door to our room and bumped into her.

"You're awake" I pointed out.

"Yes, when are we going?" She asked excitedly.

"Let's go get breakfast and go" I smiled.

_________

"It's not too far away" I assured her. We were actually almost there already.

"When will we be there? I really want to see it" She said.

She was really excited and her reactions were adorable. She looked like a small kid.

"We're almost there" I said.

After a few minutes we had arrived. The moment she turned and saw the mansion she gasped.

"Is that it?"

"Yes, do you like it?" I asked hoping she would.

Maybe I should have gotten her permission first.

"Nate I love it, it's beautiful but isn't it huge? Why did you spend so much money on that?" She asked turning to me.

"What can I say? I plan to have at least eight babies" I chuckled.

She laughed rolling her eyes and hugged me, "Can we go inside?"

"Of course, let's go" I took her hand and led her into the mansion.

This was a new house so no one had ever been in here before. The walls were not any unusual color and there was no furniture.

"You can decorate it however you like. You can see furniture online or we can go to a shop together"

She was still in awe looking around the house.

"Do you like it?" I asked once again.

"Who wouldn't?" She smiled at me and hugged me tightly, "I'm so excited" She clapped in excitement.

"So am I, love"

I was really excited for our future together. It almost felt too good to be true but she was right there with me and engaged to me and she wasn't leaving me. I'd started a family now. I was a little scared but I loved her so much that I would go over any obstacle to make her happy.