Warm

Nate

Cole had wanted us to meet up yet again. These late night meetings were making me anxious. If Rose found out about this she would never trust me again and I couldn't have that.

Leo had given me a tracker and I always had it on in case something happened.

"So Nate, did you think about my offer?" He asked.

We were at the same bar and he was drinking a lot. I was pretending to be drinking as well, in case he became suspicious.

"I did and I have finally decided" I said smirking. All his attention was brought back to me as he waited for my answer.

"So what do you say old pal? Are you with me or not?" He asked with a sick grin holding out his hand.

I leaned in and took his hand, "Yes" I said. He yelled in triumph and punched the air.

Wow, am I this essential to him?

"So how about we meet tomorrow night and I show you a few stuff?" He asked.

I wasn't prepared for shit to get real so quick.

"Sure, what time?" I said keeping my calm.

"How about midnight?"

"Yes sure"

"I'll be going now, I have to continue searching for my girl" He said and stood up.

I held myself back from scoffing.

She's not yours anymore buddy

We said our goodbyes and each parted ways after leaving the bar.

On my way back I took out my phone and called Leo to let him know about tomorrow. He wouldn't pick up and I was getting annoyed but then again it was three in the morning so maybe he was sleeping.

"What?!" He growled when he picked up.

"I missed you"

"Shut up and tell me what you want" He demanded.

"Tomorrow Cole is going to show me a few stuff"

"So tomorrow's the day isn't it"

"I hope it is. I just want it to end"

Deep down I was wishing for it to last a little longer. I was so used to Rosy's presence in the apartment that I didn't want her to leave, but I knew she wanted to go to her family as soon as this thing was over.

When I arrived home the TV was oddly on and I immediately got worried.

I mean, a thief wouldn't really chill and watch TV right?

As I got closer to the couch I noticed a small form curled up there and smiled unconsciously.

"Oh you're back" She realized lifting her head up to look at me.

"Why aren't you asleep?" I asked concerned.

"I-I woke up and realized you were gone and for some reason I couldn't go back to sleep" she said quietly.

This girl was making me feel things I never had to feel. Just knowing how much she trusted me and leaned on me gave me a warm feeling inside, but also made me feel guilty that I'd been lying to her.

It's for her own good, I reminded myself.

"I'm sorry I just had a thing to take care of" I said and sat beside her.

"Yes I understand, don't worry" She smiled at me.

"It's kind of cold in here" I commented.

"I think it's oka-oh"

What have I done.

I'd wrapped my arms around her gently, not touching many places. I felt like she was a fragile glass doll and didn't want to break her.

Even though I was sure she had already been broken before.

"Thank you" She whispered.

"I-I'm sorry I can just-"

"No it's okay, you're warm" she mumbled.

I was scared of my feelings growing. I was getting attached to her, thinking of what we could be. Her wearing my clothes and using my shampoo wasn't helping me either. She was already dragged into this world when she was younger and I wanted to set her free not tie her to me.

At least that's what I thought.

I looked down at her realizing she was out like a light.

"What are you turning me into?" I wondered hoping she couldn't hear me.

__________

I woke up feeling a little uncomfortable.

Had I fallen asleep on the couch?

I felt something tingling my face but figured it would be just the pillow I was holding, but when I opened my eyes I realized this was no pillow.

I held myself back from making a sound or moving since I didn't want her to wake up. I had fallen asleep holding her and somehow we ended up cuddling like this.

I had never slept holding a girl before and I didn't know how to feel about it. It felt nice but weird and unfamiliar.

Before I could quietly leave I felt her moving around meaning she was waking up. I panicked but it was too late to do anything now. She'd woken up and was probably trying to understand what was going on.

"G-good morning" I whispered. She flinched and turned around to face me. "I'm sorry about this I just fell asleep a-and I didn't-"

"Nate" She interrupted my rumbling. "It's okay" She smiled and touched my arm. "You're quite comfy" She giggled.

I was happy to hear that. Happier that I thought I would be to hear something like that.

"Hey do you want to go shopping today? I know you need clothes and girl stuff"

"I-I don't have any money"

"I know. I will buy you everything"

"What?! No! I can't accept this"

"You have to" I smirked. "Go get ready. I'll make breakfast and then we'll go buy anything you want" I told her and sat up on the couch.

"Nate please, I don't need this. What you've done is already enough" She pleaded.

"Why don't you let someone do something good for you for once?"

"I-I don't-"

"You deserve this, Rosy"

She paused for a few seconds and then surprised me by giving me a sudden hug.

"Thank you. You're too good to me" She whispered.

"No, I am just doing what I should do. Now go get ready"

________

"Nate you shouldn't have bought so many things" She said walking into the apartment.

"But you like them right?" I asked letting the bags down.

"I love them. Thank you so much" She said and hugged me once again. I was getting used to that.

"I'm glad you're happy Rosy"

I really was glad that she was so happy. I knew what she had been through and I just wanted to make her forget for a little while, but at the same time I wanted her to open up to me.

We got changed and ate dinner and then decided to watch some TV together. I was a little anxious because I knew what would happen today with Cole and I was just hoping nothing would go wrong.