Resist

Nate

"Nate if you fuck this up I will kill you"

"Ares chill my guy. I made this whole plan up. I'm not screwing it up" I said on the phone. "Just tell Leo to watch over me and we'll be fine"

"Fine. Just be careful okay?" He sighed.

"Always" I smirked.

It was midnight and I was waiting where Cole had asked me to wait. It was a run-down neighborhood, it looked really sketchy but I knew I wasn't in danger since this was basically a walk in the park for me.

I had taken the bus and then walked here. There was no way I was parking my car near this place. 

For some reason I was anxious. I kept sighing and my hands were sweaty. I just didn't want this to go wrong. I couldn't afford it going wrong but there were so many ways it could go wrong.

"Nate!" his high pitched voice caused me to flinch, but I regained my cool and turned around to see him. "How'r you?" He asked with a sickening grin.

Yep, drunk again. As if this boy is ever sober.

"I missed you bestie" He said and patted my back.

Barf. Since when are we besties?

I chuckled awkwardly and stepped away from him, "So what did you want to show me?" I asked.

"What else? My little hiding place" he whispered.

"Hiding place? What do you mean?" I faked confusion. This dude obviously meant his Disney villain lair.

"Yes! My 'base'. Since you're a part of us now, you have to meet the gang"

I cringe. Internally.

This guy was way to stupid to actually be that stupid. You don't just show someone your "base". Was this a test? He had me anxious.

"Are you sure? I mean I am honored that you trust me so much I'm just wondering why"

"Of course I am sure Nate! I've known you for years. I know you are trustworthy"

"I am flattered" I chuckled holding back my disgust. "Let's go then"

_______

"-and this is Johnny" he concluded.

I'd met every one of his gang members and I could tell half of them didn't even want to be here at all. They looked like they were scared for their lives. Some of them were little boys too.

"Johnny is our tech guy" He said patting his back.

Johnny looked about fifteen. He looked really skinny and pale. You could tell he didn't want to be here. He was scared, shaking in his shoes and flinching with every movement Cole made towards him.

"Johnny is the one helping me find my girl"

Oh. So I have to befriend this Johnny boy.

"And it won't be long until he finds her, isn't that right Johnny?" He asked. Johnny never looked at him. He simply nodded.

"I see you've got a nice team here. It will get better of course but it's nice to start with" I brought myself to say.

"Now that you're here with us, it can only get better"

He gave me a tour around the house and then offered me food but I declined saying I had a stomach ache.

He had slaves. He had an old lady cooking and cleaning around the house. He had some girls acting like whores. I was disgusted and I felt my stomach turn. This place was depressing. You couldn't hear anything, everything was silent and there were no windows. Not to mention everything was a dark color and it smelled like ass.

"So you're staying the night right?" He asked. I was dumbfounded. I couldn't stay the night, I had a girl to take care of now.

Just the thought of her made me feel happy, guilty and anxious at the same time.

Why can't I resist those feelings for her? What is this?

"If you need me to" I decided to answer.

"I would feel a little more secure if you did"

Then I have to do it.

"Okay sure. I'll stay the night. It's not like I have anything to do at home either" I said.

"Cool, I'll show you to your room"

And that room couldn't get any worse or depressing. It only had a bed and a nightstand and it smelled bad.

"I'll see you tomorrow" He said and left with me waving at him.

The moment he left I out my face in my shirt and inhaled.

I'm bringing my whole cologne bottle next time.

I didn't even want to sit on that bed. Who knows who else has been here. This room looked like it had seen a lot.

I sighed and sat on the bed.

I've been through worse. I've just softened a little. This is a nice opportunity to get back on track.

_______

I woke up feeling all my muscles sore. I'd never felt this sore before, not even when I started working out.

This bed felt like I was sleeping on nails.

"Hi Nate!"

Oh my God! That scared me to death!

I flinched but laughed it off and said good morning.

"Hey I came to wake you up and your phone was ringing" He said.

I managed to keep my cool, "Who was it? Normally no one calls me anymore"

"It said home and I picked it up"

Now things were getting serious. This was definitely Rosy. I didn't know what to think first. A thousand things went through my mind in a second. Was she hurt? Did she speak to him? Did she lose her trust in me now? Did he lose his trust in me? And actually why did this smelly greasy poor excuse of a man touch my phone?

"And?"

"No one answered man I don't know"

I relaxed a little but then thought about how she would feel now and stood up.

I need to get to her right now.

"I have to go see what it was. Someone could have broken in"

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"No, no. I can handle it" I said quickly and ran out the room.

I said goodbye and left the place running back home.