Ring

Nate

"We've gone to every store to get you a ring and you don't like any of them. I'm done" Leo said.

"Shut up, at least you're not the one driving" Vincent commented.

"Guys chill, it's the last one I swear" I said.

It's been six months since everything happened and I was planning on proposing to Rosy.  The guys were helping me choose a ring but nothing seemed good enough.

I was really nervous just at the thought. How was I supposed to propose? What if she wasn't ready? I sure as hell was.

"Guys he's right. That's a really hard choice. When I chose a ring for Serenity-"

"We remember" We all said in unison.

"We were there dumbass" I said and smacked the back of his head.

"Hey why are you smacking me?!" He whined and smacked me back.

"Ey stop that-"

"Kids!" Vincent yelled, "Stop fighting"

"Okay mommy" I chuckled.

"Ew no"

"No shit, Vince is such a good mom" Leo said.

"I'm not a mom!" He whined, "Just get out. We're here"

We got out of the car and walked towards the store. I was hoping I would find the perfect ring here.

The old lady in the store seemed really kind. She helped us and showed us some rings. She asked me if I had anything in mind but I didn't.

I should've searched for ring ideas online I guess.

"Buy something" Leo whispered elbowing my side.

"I don't like anything" I whispered back.

Ares probably saw my face and spoke up for me.

"We'll think about it. Our boy here isn't sure yet" He said and patted my back.

"Before you go, come with me" She said with a warm smile.

We followed her even though I'd lost any hope I had so far. That was until she showed me the ring.

It was exactly what I wanted and I didn't even know what I wanted until now.

It was really shiny. The rose gold metal was all covered in small diamonds and of course there was the bigger diamond sitting on top. It was stunning.

"I'll take that" I said immediately.

"I knew you'd like it. I just don't know if you can afford it" The lady said.

"Oh believe me I can"

I didn't care about the price. It was the last thing I thought about. Actually I didn't even think about the price. She deserved so much and I was happy to give her the world.

"Finally" Leo said as we walked out of the shop letting out a deep breath.

"I won't lie, that ring was beautiful" Ares said.

"Just what I wanted" I smiled as I looked at the paper bad in my hand.

Rosy had no idea where we were. Ares had told Serenity to go out with her and distract her while we were doing some business. Serenity didn't know what we were doing either. It was better that way. I couldn't risk her finding out.

"Now how will you do this?" Vincent asked as he drove us back home.

"I-I have no idea. I wanted it to. Be special but I don't know how to do it" I said. "I want it to be romantic, but not too romantic"

"You're unbearable" Ares sighed.

"I just want it to be perfect"

"You don't have anything in mind?" Vincent asked.

"No, everything is a mess up in here" I said pointing at me head.

"We've known that for many years" Leo commented.

"Shut up and help me"

"Just do what you think is right" Ares said.

"I don't know what's right. I have no idea on what to do"

"You'll figure it out, I'm sure"

_________

"Mom I know how father proposed to you, but I don't want to do that"

"Oh come on! It was really romantic" She said.

"You've met her and you're both women you must have some understanding or maybe she's told you something?" I asked.

"Well she hasn't mentioned anything but she seems like a really shy girl and I would say don't do it in public"

"That was never an option"

"Well take her somewhere with a meaning, like where you two first met"

"The girls' bathroom? No no no"

"Right, I forgot how romantic your first meeting was" She laughed.

"Mom help me" I whined.

"I can't believe you're asking me how to propose to your girlfriend. I never thought my boy would even get one" She said.

"Mom you're not helping"

"Well she did say she likes the beach a lot"

"Oh right! The beach!" I said, "Thank you mama" I kissed her cheek and started getting ready to go back home.

"You're welcome and let me know how it goes" She said with a bright smile.

"Do you think she'll say yes?" I asked when I was at the door.

"There's only one way to find out" She smiled and winked.

Yay, let's find out.