Shy

Nate

I couldn't sleep that night. I was just in bed staring at the ceiling with a stupid smile on my face.

Should I really be smiling?

I didn't know if I'd made the right thing. Maybe I can't give her a happy life and I shouldn't give her hope, but I know I'd anything to please her.

Did she even want this? I didn't even ask for permission. Maybe I was no better than Cole. These thoughts haunted me. I hated that she thought of Cole when she was with me. I could barely think of anything else all day but her.

I didn't know how far Cole had gone. I didn't know what he'd done to her and I wasn't sure if I was ready to find out or if she was ready to open up about this. All I knew was I was dying to know.

I'd only managed to take a couple hours of sleep when I heard a knock on my bedroom door.

"Come in" I groaned.

I saw her opening the door hesitantly, "Hi I'm sorry it's just almost noon and I got worried"

"I'll be right out just let me wake myself up" I said standing up.

"O-okay" She said looking down before leaving.

After I freshened up I went to the living room with her. She was watching TV as usual. I felt bad that she had to stay caged up in a house, but now I couldn't risk her going out especially without me.

"Hey" I said sitting down beside her.

"Hi" She said quietly. She looked really shy, more than she usually is.

"Rosy" I called out getting her attention. She hummed in reply and I leaned closer, "Why so shy?" I asked smirking.

"No reason" She said and turned back to the TV.

Hey no, give me attention.

"Rosy" I called out again. She turned her head again and this time I leaned in and stopped right before touching her lips. "Can I?" I whispered.

"Y-yes" She whispered back.

I finally pressed my lips on hers feeling all the tension leave my body.

Her lips were soft and she shyly kissed me back. It felt as if there was nothing else but her in the world. I forgot about everything.

Did it happen to her too? Or was I the only one that had it bad?

"There, did that help your shyness?" I asked smirking. She pouted not knowing what to say and I chuckled.

"It's not funny!" She whined.

"No, but it's cute" I said and leaned closer again, "Don't be shy around me, okay? You have no need to"

"Okay" She whispered.

_______

"You will need to get us in" Leo said.

"No! That can't happen, what if he finds out? What if something goes wrong? I can't risk your lives as well" I said crossing my arms.

"Nothing will go wrong. We will go in and we will attack when the auction part starts" Ares explained.

"It's not that simple! What if someone recognizes you?"

"Well then we have to find a way to be unrecognizable" Ares said.

"Am I doing your makeup?" I asked excitedly rubbing my hands together.

"Nate!" They both exclaimed.

"You guys can't even take a joke" I pouted crossing my arms.

"You will sneak us in and we will be communicating through Leo's gadgets" Ares said.

"Gadgets" Leo mocked.

"Shut up kiddo" Ares threw him a glare.

"We have to be really careful" I said running my fingers through my hair. "We can't fuck this up"

"Nate, we've been doing stuff like that since forever. Nothing is going to go wrong" Ares reassured me.

"I hope so" I mumbled.

"Leo you've tracked their base right?" Ares asked.

"Yes of course"

"Find out who is going to guard the gates, you will find a way to sneak us in and the rest of our men will be hiding outside. We will attack just before the auction part. Nothing can go wrong with that" Ares explained.

"Everything can" I sighed.

"I've spoken to the others about this. The people who will attend this will be punished. As well as Cole" Ares informed us.

"Fine. I just hope we don't mess this up"

"Nate, you used to be fearless" Leo said standing up, "You used to go for it. Whatever it was. I mean you always fucked up but at least you dealt with it and adapted. Where did that Nate go?"

"What is this? A motivational speech?" I asked feeling a little weird.

"Enjoy it while you can" Ares whispered.

"We will do this. Together. And if we fuck up, it's okay! We will handle it just fine" Leo continued.

"Leo what did you take this morning?" I asked frowning.

"Nothing" He said.

"Did you and Tessa get back together?" I asked holding back a smirk.

He looked down hiding his smile, "Maybe"

Me and Ares both started yelling and pushing him teasingly.

"Guys stop! It's not that important!" He chuckled.

"Look at my guy chuckling and smiling" I said squeezing his cheeks, "You're not a little ice cube anymore are you, you're not!" I cooed.

"That's taking it too far" He said.

"Look at how happy you are! I'm going to cry, I can't" I said dramatically.

"And that leaves Nate to get with his girl" Ares said raising an eyebrow.

And then it hit me.

I kissed her. I kissed her, but they didn't know.

They must have seen my expression change because they looked worried.

"What's wrong?" Ares asked.

"Guys I-I" I didn't know if I should tell them, but they were my best friends, I had to tell them. I wanted to.

"Nate what is it?" Leo asked.

Oh my God, even Leo cares now.

"I-I kissed her" I blurted out.

"You what?!" They both exclaimed.

"Last night I-I came home and we got into a tense conversation and I just did it"

"What did she say?" Ares asked.

"She didn't say anything. I put her to bed after-"

"Nate did you kiss her in her sleep you disgusting-"

"No! Why would I do that?" I interrupted Leo.

"Then what do you mean you put her to bed?" Leo asked.

"She couldn't speak so I told her not to worry about it and that she should get some sleep"

"Did you see her this morning?" Ares asked.

"Yes, we-we kissed again"

"Woah he's a beast" Leo commented causing me to throw him a glare.

"Clear your thoughts Nate. Decide what you want. That's all I can tell you" Ares said.

"Thank you. I'll be going now" I said.

"Let us know if you find a way to sneak us in" Ares yelled as I walked out.

"Of course" I yelled back.