Chapter Two: Fiery Eyes of a Light Fury

Hwang Yeji's POV

We arrived at school and went out of the car.

"So, you're a sophomore, yeah?" Lia said locking her arm around mine. She's definitely the clingy type of person. I hummed. "Cool. Me too. Let's go together." We walked and didn't wait for the others.

As we were walking, I took my time to familiarize with the surroundings of the academy. It's huge and the owner must be a fan of nature. I love that. Studying and being enveloped with the nature is something I really wanted. Stalls are everywhere. A long line of people on every clubs. There are several interesting clubs.

"This academy is amazing." I said with a hint of smile on my face. Lia looked at me with an amused smile. "Yeah right?! I'm glad you transferred. You seem really cool and intelligent. You planning on signing up for the student government?"

"No. Not really my style. But from my previous school, I was praised for being a leader. Though, it's not a big deal." I chuckled as we stroll around the different booths.

Lia nudged me and chuckled. "Leader, huh?"

I giggled as I remember the days I had in my previous school. "No. Please. Don't remind me. It's embarrassing."

"It's interesting." She said. "Oh, how about the singing club? Do you sing? I'm one of the lead vocalists." She rambled.

We stopped walking. "Oh, well I do. But, I don't know if I-"

"Sing for me." She cut me off. I looked at her dumbfounded. "Hello? Earth to yours, Hwang?"

I shook my head and blinked a few times. "Are you sure? Right here?" I chuckled nervously.

"Well, yeah!" She said joyfully.

I scratched my head. "But, Lia, isn't it embarrassing? What if people began to look? I don't want too. I mean- It's not that I don't want to. I'm just shy, I guess. I guess I am. I thi-" She laughed, cutting me off. "What now, Lia?" I said with my arms crossed.

"Oh. I-" she laughed again louder this time. Oh my God. She's so weird but cute.

I began to walk away but she grabbed my wrist and pulled me backwards. I looked at her sharply and she stopped laughing.

She composed herself. "I'm sorry. *snorts* It's just that you-" she bit her lip stopping herself from laughing and took a deep breath. "It's just that you look really fierce on the outside, but I think you are just a softy. And it's cute. Now, sing." I swear to God this girl is going to be the death of me. I sighed. "Alright." I took a deep breath.

Shin Ryujin's POV

I woke from a hard slap on my forehead. I groaned and sat up straight.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" I shouted as I rubbed my eyes. "Uhm, hello? We're at the school already, sleeping beauty." Jeongyeon, my sister, said while going out of the car. "You really should sleep early so that it wouldn't be hard for you to wake up early. It's for your own good too." She added. I sighed. "Alright, mom."

I went out of the car and stretched my limbs, yawning. Well, that was a good sleep. I walked along my seniors who are my sister, Lisa, Jennie, Momo, and Dahyun. I took off my headphones and placed it on my pocket. Damn. Another whole year to suffer.

Wait.

I did names and numbers in my head and realized. "Uh, guys, where's Lia?"

"I don't really know. She went out of the car hurriedly." Jennie answered.

We said our goodbyes and went our separate ways. Really, bitch? I swear to God. I'm on my sophomore year, same as Lia, and we're supposed to go together but she must've forgotten about me. I groaned as I walk faster and look for Lia. I tried calling her phone but she's not answering.

Ryu
LIA
L
I
A
I SWEAR TO GOD
IF YOU DON'T ANSWER
SERIOUSLY BITCH
I'LL CUT YOUR HEAD OFF
HDGDJSKSK
NDJKXKXOS
NEUENSLJAN

Where the heck is she? Before I can continue, I was bombarded with a group of girls. Oh fuck no.

Girl 1: Hi, Ryujin! May I walk with you?
Girl 2: Get off! You're not her type, I am. So, will you-
Girl 3: Hey! Can I please have your phone number?
Girl 4: SHIN RYUJIN! I'm your number fan. Please go out with me?

I fakely laughed. "Oh, well I'm actually looking for someone, can you guys help me out?" I mean, why not use fame in finding the sacred bitch?

Girls: "Who?" "Of course!" "Anything for you, babe?"

OK First of all, c r i n g e y. But let's get this over with.

"I'm looking for Lia." I said.

Girl 3: "Oh, your bestfriend? I think I saw her with some girl near the singing club."

"Oh wow. Thank you so much I've been looking for her in ages." I bowed and took a step so I can walk away and turned around. "So, about the offer?" Some girl said. I paid them no reply and walk away. Those girls think they're so brave.

When I got near the singing booth, I saw a lot of people gathered in a circle. I got curious and walked my way through the crowd. I didn't have to push my way because they've already made their way for me, like Moses separating water so people can walk through. As I made my way, I can hear the faint sounds of a familiar song gets louder and clearer, then I was right it was just some girl singing New Rules but her back is facing me. She's amazing tho. I wandered my eyes through the crowd to look for the sacred angel of the devil for leaving me alone on the first day of hellschool. There. I saw her and she's hyping up the girl ? For real, Lia? I stomped my way through the crowd and they all stopped.

"Lia! What the heck?!" I shouted, grabbing her wrist pulling her away.

She winces and groaned. "Yeah, what the heck, Ryu?!"

"Damn. That hurts." She whispered and gave me an angry look. She left me alone and she's the one who's mad, unbelievable.

"You're the one who's mad? You left me!" I said annoyed.

Lia was about to speak but we were interrupted.

"Woah. Woah. Calm down. What's going on? And don't lay your hands on my friend, will ya?" Someone from my back said.

I hissed and clicked my tongue. I turned around. "You don't tell me what-"

And I come face to face with an unfamiliar face. But- damn, those eyes.

"to....... do......" oh my god- I-

The girl walked closer to me with eyes filled with fire. "Tell me what, blue hair?"

"I- I-" The fuck? Did I just stutter? I quickly composed myself and pulledon my poker face and cold eyes. She raised her eyebrows waiting for what I have to say.

"She's my friend, and who are you by the way? Get lost, Ms. Don't-lay-your-hands-on-my-friend." I turned around and dragged Lia towards the main campus.

Those eyes.

—————

Thank you for reading! It means a lot to me. 💫

Stay safe, everyone!