Chapter Sixteen: Sleepover (Part 1)

Hwang Yeji's POV

"You guys, when Dahyun said sleepover she didn't mean it as a fucking charity." I exclaimed when everyone came inside our house and with everyone, I mean every lead members per clubs are present in our house carrying their personal belongings. It's weekend, so Dahyun decided to invite them for a sleepover. I covered my ears as I try to minimize the sound coming from the series of vibrations from their mouths.

"Chill out, Yeji! It'll be fun!" Solar unnie squealed and hugged me forcefully making me almost lose my balance. She left and I sighed. "Yeah it would be fun cleaning the house aftermath." I sarcastically replied to myself.

This house we're living in is quite enormous, it has a theater room, 5 bedrooms, backyard, and other not so important things for me to say anymore. I went to my bedroom, closing the door from behind, since the situation got me overwhelmed. I grabbed my phone and connected it to my speakers, playing random songs. My room has a great amount of space that's why I decided to buy a large mirror and put it on the wall so I can always see how I look, and I also use it when I dance, just like what I'm doing right now. Thirty minutes had passed and I'm lying on the carpet breathing heavily. Droplets of sweat streaming down my face and to my neck.

As I closed my eyes, my mind wandered to the eyes of someone who has been making me feel different lately. It's been awhile since I felt this way for someone, but now, I'm scared knowing that my past didn't worked out well. I sighed as I remembered how I acted yesterday. I treated her as if she's just another trash I disposed. I don't know what's gotten to me. I didn't know what I was thinking. I just hated the idea of them being together all the time, also, it's not my place to feel this irrelevant feelings and actions. We're not even together and I'm sure she doesn't feel the same way as I do for the reason that she talks so highly of the other girl.

I got up and decided to take a shower preparing myself for the chaotic event that's happening in our house. I grunted not really in the mood for "fun" today. I smiled forcefully as everyone greeted me. "Yah, don't you want to be with us?" Chaeryeong approached me and pouted.

"It's not like that. I'm just-" I shrugged throwing my hands in the air. "Overwhelmed, I guess."

She grabbed a slice of pizza and placed it in front of my mouth, asking me to take a bite. When I did, she smiled brightly giving me a thumbs up. I moaned as I savored the test of the snack in my mouth. "This is so good. Where did you get it? I'm gonna marry whoever did this!" I grabbed the slice from her hands and stuffed my mouth. This is the type of pizza I'm talking about. It has a sweet, but salty taste and the crust is soft too.

"Ryujin baked it." She pointed to the living room, showing Ryujin, Yuna, Jisoo, Jeongyeon, and Moonbyul playing video games. That's when I noticed her. My breath hitched when I took a sight of her blue hair since it stands out the most. I didn't know she would come because of what happened to us yesterday. Maybe she wasn't that affected, after all, I'm the only one with butterflies. There she is doing some amusing boyish gestures, dabbing, and doing some victory dance with Moonbyul while the rest sighed in defeat. I heard a faint one more time coming from Yuna and I laughed. "You stare too much. I would say she sparked your interest."

"Are you mocking me?" I gasped.

"I think it's becoming my habit." She said referring to our previous banters and using it as a verbal defense towards me. I tried to slap her but she managed to quickly move away, but Lia came unknowingly and I hit her instead.

"OH MY GOD! I'm so so so sorry! I didn't mean to! It was supposed to be for Chae!" I said as I grabbed her arms and pulled her for a tight hug, caressing the side of her face that I just hit. I glared at Chaeryeong and she gave me a peace sign. Lia laughed making a feeling of vibration course through my body. "It's okay." She replied shortly after and hugged me tighter before releasing herself. "So, where do we sleep tonight?" She asked and went beside Chaeryeong.

"You can sleep in my bedroom and I'll sleep in the living room."

"No one's sleeping in the living room." Momo unnie said as she carries Dahyun unnie on her back. "I'll check the house before sleeping hours to make sure no one sleeps outside, got it?" Dahyun unnie added, patting her girlfriend as a go sign to continue walking. "Oh no no wait. Turn back around, love." She faced us again and said, "Also lock your doors for safety. If anything happens during midnight hours, use the telecom provided in each rooms. Got it? Got it. Okay, let's go to infinity and beyond." We all chuckled at the cuteness of the couple.

It's past 6PM and the sun is starting to set and we all are gathered in the backyard, some are grilling korean beef, some are in the kitchen preparing desserts, some are decorating the backyard with diy lanterns and papers, and some are preparing the tables. Few moments later, everyone finished their tasked and cheered loudly, that was the cue to gather around the table and eat the fresh served foods. Sound of silverwares clashing with the plates can be heard, a soft music playing in the background, no one's talking just enjoying the cuisine.

"Guys, Let's play Hide and Seek! It's gonna be fun especially now that it's getting dark!" Seulgi suggested and everyone agreed, but before that, we fixed all of our dishes and unnecessary things out of the way.

"Alright, so the rule is there will be three seekers - one will protect the base and the others will do the seeking, ok? But if the seeker found you whether you're two or more, you'll become a seeker too and it would multiply. The mission of those who will hide is to touch the base without getting caught. So, while you guys were fixing things. I made this." Seulgi grabbed something from behind and showed us a clear fishbowl with papers in it.

"Did you really just removed the sand in there?" Dahyun said laughing at Seulgi's idea.

"I did. It's perfect though." We laughed and she continued. "Alright, grab one paper and you'll see your roles." All of us fall in line and grabbed a paper from the bowl. Once we opened our papers we revealed it, showing Joy, Mina, and Nayeon are the seekers. We decided that they should count for 60 seconds before they proceed, also, it's allowed to hide in any part of the house. We marked the television in the living room as the base.

All of us are now in the living room looking around, thinking where we should hide. "Those who will win will receive a prize from me, just to make it more competitive." Jennie said excitedly and we all agreed.

"Alright, in 3, 2, 1, Let's go!" The seekers were blindfolded, only to take it off when 60 seconds is done. Everyone run in opposite directions while I waited for them to disperse and hid inside the small secret room that I've built months ago, not even Dahyun unnie knows it. The secret room is situated behind one of the cabinets and covered by an enormous curtain that no one would dare to open since the curtain is to portray just as the background of the masterpiece that's hanging on the wall. I pushed the wall slightly and I went inside. Also, don't worry, it's not dark inside since it's a one way mirror allowing light to pass through, so I can clearly see what's going on outside. A few seconds later, Joy and Mina went looking for us while Nayeon stayed behind protecting the base. I'll wait for everyone to lose before I act on my game. A few moments later I heard people shouting and laughing, and I knew some already lost and now are seekers. I used my phone and decided to turn off the vibration and the sound just in case they trick me. I sat on the floor and waited as if I'm invisible. I watched Nayeon unnie looking around and I stifled a laugh because it's really starting to be funny for me. Again, I took my phone and started taking pictures of her and every seekers who passes by. I tried to calm myself before I burst out laughing and reveal myself. A shadow of a person became visible in my naked eyes as it reflects on the tiles, I turned to look at the side and saw it was Ryujin trying to walk without any noises towards Nayeon unnie who's looking at the opposite direction. I looked back and forth, when I heard faint footsteps above me which means someone's coming down from upstairs and it would get Nayeon's attention. My eyes widened, immediately, I opened the wall silently and swiftly grabbed Ryujin's arm while my other hand covered her mouth to keep her silent. Once she's inside I quickly closed the wall. When I turned around she had a shock look plastered on her face and I took my finger near my lips telling her not to make noise. She nodded and carefully went beside me looking outside for any signs of trouble.

To be continued..

——————

👉🏻 Do you guys believe in soulmates?

Thanks for reading!! Also, to your never-ending love and patience. I love y'all, honestly. 🥺