Chapter Nineteen: Tuesday

Hwang Yeji's POV

"Unnie! Have you seen my journal?!" I shouted from my bedroom. I've been looking for my favorite journal for the last two hours since I woke up. I searched in every cabinets, under my bed, in the bathroom, every corners of the room, but I couldn't see it. That journal wasn't just some journal, it's what Sandara gave to me on my birthday and I kept it safely ever since. I plopped down on my bed, panting in despair.

"I haven't seen it. Shouldn't it be only in your cabinet?" Dahyun entered my room and helped me looking. We tried again this time, but to no avail, still nothing. "Did you happen to bring it to school?"

I looked at her in disapproval. "I would never." I sighed and just went to the bathroom so we can go to school.

A few minutes later, a car honked outside and we went out and sat on our seats. I was shocked when it wasn't Lia who opened the door, it's Ryujin. Instead of acting stupid in front of her, I sat beside her acting a little bit weird. I brought my right arm between the space and pinched the skin of the person at my back. I heard her grimaced and I smirked. Instantaneously, I felt a hard smack on my head resulting for me to lunge forward hitting my face on the seat in front of me. I heard my friends snickered and I was about to laugh when,

"What the fuck, Lia?" It was Ryujin. She grabbed my shoulders to pull me back up forcing me in her direction. She cupped my cheeks, leaning so close to me I could feel her sophisticating scent infiltrating my nostrils. She moved my face side to side as she checked for any damage, "Are you hurt, Yeddeong?"

I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat. I grabbed her hands putting it down since it's making me feel too much things I can't handle, slowly releasing it. "I'm fine. We were just joking around." I looked at her with a soft smile, but her eyes is filled with a hint of annoyance making me slightly quiver. I noticed her eyes are starting to dilate but softening at the same time, then she smiled. I found her actions cute making me giggle and stare at her eyes. This isn't the first time to look at each other's eyes but it always feels like a first time. I don't know how long we've been staring at each other until Jennie started singing the song that's playing on the radio, everyone joined her soon after.

"I fall in love every single time I look into your eyes - Those eyes, they never lie. I can tell you're mine it's so hard when you're not around. I get mad thinking how I can't always have you around~"

Once the lyrics sunk in, I quickly diverted my eyes and to cover it all up, I joined singing. Jennie unnie literally shouted the lyrics my heart's been trying to scream out for the person beside me. We continued jamming to the radio, bopping our heads, and acting as if we were in a concert. We arrived at the school laughing to ourselves. Dahyun unnie was laughing so hard she pushed Lisa unnie.

"YAH!" Lisa shouted, out of panic, Dahyun unnie dashed inside the campus the other following her behind. We continued laughing as we watch the two trying to take down each other. "Isn't this so much fun?" Jeongyeon exclaimed clapping her hands.

"I know! This is probably the first time my stomach ached in a good way." Lia said.

I laughed as I brought my head on Lia's shoulder, when she noticed me, she used her hand and raffles my hair making me giggle. Jennie and Momo unnie are looking at us with judgement written in their eyes.

"Awe you two look cute!" Jeongyeon said in a teasing way. Lia and I shared a brief glance and cracked in laughter, while Ryujin was deadpanned. We didn't managed to reply since our other friends arrived. We walked through the hallway like we own the school. The students began murmuring, giggling, and sending heart eyes in our way. It's not really my thing. I found it creepy and unnecessary everytime. We said our farewells, also a deal that we would be eating together and no one should be left out during lunch time, a penalty if not obeyed, and walked in opposite directions.