Chapter Fifty-three: Life is A Fairytale

"Let her go, Hyunjin. You'll meet someone for yourself in the fu-"

"I said fucking stop!"

*BANG!*

The loud gun shot echoed through the metallic walls making a vibrating sound ring their eardrums. Everyone flinched in fear and stumbled from their previous positions. Their eyes shot from every person inside the room when more footsteps tapped nearby. Yeji and the others immediately came forward and held Ryujin closer to them.

"Hands in the air!" A police officer shouted and Hyunjin obeyed hesitantly. It was obvious that she was drowning with madness. She knew she lost and she was more clearly deep in sorrow. Ryujin was right, it all goes down at some point and I've done enough, she thought. The antagonist was handcuffed and got forcefully dragged away.

"Wait! Please, wait!" Heejin yelled after them and continuously begged the stubborn officer. "Just for a few minutes." The police officer rolled his eyes and nodded before shoving the person he was grasping. Hyunjin looked down at her feet not meeting the other person's eyes.

Heejin sighed and tilted Hyunjin's face upward using her fingertips, "Hey." This time, she looked up and her eyes were bloodshot and brimming with a river of tears.

"I'm sorry." She sobbed. The pale girl let out the tears she's been holding back and hugged the criminal tightly in her arms. "I've always been there for you but why can't you see me the same way? I've always been in love with you, Hyunjin and it sucks seeing you in this situation. Even though you acted like a psychopath you'll always have a place in my heart."

"Don't say that. Please, don't do this to yourself. You don't deserve to be loved by someone who treated you like shit. You deserve someone who will make you feel whole and-" Hyunjin paused for a few second, inhaling deeply and opened her mouth to speak once again but then the annoying officer pushed them apart bringing Hyunjin to the police vehicle. But before she get inside, she looked back once again, "I loved you too, Heejin." Then, the door was shut closed and the vehicle went running once again.

"I asked you to call for the ambulance! Where the heck is it?!"

Yeji shouted back at the officers who stayed behind for assistance and investigation. The light fury was breathing heavily as she kept on shedding tears while looking at her night fury who was breathing weakly. The gun shot sound shocked Hyunjin causing her to lost direction and pull the trigger, unfortunately, hitting Ryujin on her shoulder near her chest.

"Baby, calm down." Whispered by the damaged girl, she reached for the cat-eyed girl's face lovingly. Even though her vision was becoming blurry, in her eyes, there beside her was her angel. "Please, for me?"

The taller girl bit her lip stopping another sob from coming out, she nodded frantically. "Okay. Okay." Sniffing, she reached for the hand that was on her cheek and placed it on her lips, giving it a sweet and tender kiss as she watch Ryujin smile softly before gasping for air and slowly closed her eyes.

"No." Reaching for the other's head, she brought her in closer to her body. "No. No. Please, baby. Ryuddaeng, please open your eyes." She tapped the girl's body continuously, her vision becoming more blurry as seconds passed by. "Ryujin! Fuck you! Wake up! AGH!" Yeji slapped her lover on the face really hard but the other didn't even flinch.

"Yeji, hey." Dahyun held her sister's shoulders, hugging her from behind.

"Unnie, no. Ryu- oh god, please." Yeji heaved for air, placing two of her fingers on Ryujin's neck making her cry loudly even more. "Ryujin, no! You promised! Fight for us, please!" Ryujin is losing to much blood and her condition is becoming very critical.

The sound of the ambulance wailing made them move apart and give way for the medics to do what needs to be done. The others pulled Yeji away from the scene and gave her comforting words and hugs although they knew better that no words nor touches can make their friend better unless it is the blue-haired girl who would do and give it to her.

"Save her."

That was the last thing she said before they went to their own cars and followed the ambulance to the hospital. Everyone was feeling weak, sad, and terrified. They don't know what later may bring and the only thing they can do is pray and hope for the better.

Their parents were not informed of everything that's been happening on their circle and if something really really bad happens they're all going to be doomed and they know it. They knew it but they stayed. They knew their lives could be the exchange at some point, but they chose to leave it all behind and stay where they feel safe and happy even though it was dangerous on the safe side. They knew they're on the good side and it made them feel better despite of the worst coming after them.

I was lost and broken.
You appeared and I was frozen.
Your silly banters,
Your cold skin,
Your piercing gazes,
It makes my heart burn.

You watched me fall.
You watched me twist the world.
I was buried in my own dreams.
You let my angels loose,
You caged my demons,
And it made me feel once again.

They arrived at the hospital and waited for the doctor or nurses to approach them first as they wait outside the operating room. Everyone was feeling relentless and nervous. Lia, Ryujin's bestfriend, has been sobbing throughout the whole ride on Jennie's shoulders who just held her closer and gave her forehead kisses once in awhile. Yuna, the sunshine of the group, is feeling blue and she hasn't said a word since the crime happened. Jeongyeon dozed off on her girlfriend's shoulder due to fatigue.

The door opened halting their dazed minds and those who were once sleeping woke up. Yeji and Yuna were the first one to stand up and confront the doctor. Calm doctors are the scariest thing to ever exist especially in times when the relatives are seem to be in panic. The rest followed the duo and looked at the emergency doctor with their nerves and blood pressure building up as they wait for her to open her mouth.

"The patient is stable. You guys can visit her once she's moved to the recovery room. Now, Miss?" The tall and petite doctor looked at Yeji who was shaking on her position and gave her a comforting hand on her shoulder. "I need you to calm down. We don't want another patient, do we?" Smiling softly, Yeji nodded her head and bowed at the doctor muttering a small thank you. The doctor bowed and acknowledged everyone on her way and when the she was out of sight, Somi spoke.

"Is it just me or she's pretty hot?" Her bluntness shook off the nerves and finally, they let themselves loose and laugh softly. Everyone sighed in relief and went in for a group hug, shedding thankful tears for not taking Ryujin away from their lives.

"We really have gone far together, haven't we?" Nayeon said with a grin.

————————

Sorry, last chapter was tough jdhdj

Love you guys though ✊🏼🥰 Thank you for your time! Also, I would like to inform y'all that there are 3 more chapters left 🥺 I'm going to miss y'all 😩💓