Chapter Fifty: Twisted

Shin Ryujin's POV

Three weeks had passed and we've never heard of Hyunjin again. Our lives were somehow stucked between calm and anxiety. Without Hyunjin's presence we felt a little bit better knowing we can act normally for the meantime, but knowing her, she for sure as hell planning on something bigger especially now that she caught us - which makes us anxious.

Tomorrow is our showcase and we've been spending our time and energies preparing for it since it's an important event especially for our seniors. Heejin, Yeji, and I will be performing a trio just like Lisa unnie said before. Although Yeji and I aren't official yet, I would laugh internally everytime I get too close to Heejin during a certain step and that time is about right now.

"Aish, not too close!" She scoffed and separated the two of us, standing in the middle.

"But it's part of the routine."

"I don't care." Visible flares of fire raged through her ears and nostrils like a dragon ready to pounce on her enemy. I bit the inside of my cheeks to stop myself from kissing her right in front of everyone but I think it would be kind of romantic though. BUT first of all, I respect her and I don't want to do something she's not aware of, so instead, I asked her.

"May I kiss you?" I pouted while pulling off my aegyo which I know she can't resist. Her eyes widened diverting from my lips to my eyes then to Heejin who's looking at us with a proud smile. Yeji turned into a chili pepper dragon and slapped my forearm roughly.

"I- Idiot!" She stuttered and walked away pouting.

I giggled meeting Heejin's eyes. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Nothing. It's just that it's fun looking at people being happy together. I kind of miss it." Heejin sighed sadly, slumping down her shoulders. I wrapped my arms around her and held her tightly, giving her a pat on her back.

"Someone will come. Someone you deserve truly. Someone who'd give up anything just to make you happy. I hope you accept yourself first because if not-" I pulled away and poked her nose. "You'll go crazy when something you don't like happens."

Grinning, she dragged me by the arm and brought us towards our team who gathered us for a meeting.

"Alright, so, are you guys ready for tomorrow?!" Seulgi unnie howled with her hands clasped around her mouth. All of us cheered and shouted inside the auditorium while making our dance chants.

"Together! One team?"

"One heart!"

"One Team?"

"One goal!"

We placed our hands on top of one another as we formed in a circle. "1, 2, 3, Go, Grimson!" We shouted at the same time we threw our hands up in the air.

Everyone packed their stuffs and fixed themselves before saying their goodbyes to us. For those who are involved in the showcase, including me, we are scheduled to take a half day training and go home immediately after since the school suggested that we're going to need much needed rest. I couldn't agree more.

"The name of our school is weird. Shouldn't it be named as Grimdaughters not Grimson since we're all girls here?" We facepalmed ourselves and ignored Yeri's question.

"I have a better question. Do you guys remember the first time we were all together at the auditorium? That time when we had the audition?" Momo asked. We hummed in response and looked at her with curiosity.

"Remember when Ryujin turned into a full bloomed potato- I mean tomato?" Momo cracked in laughter as I stared at her in annoyance. My friends laughed loudly making the auditorium vibrate with joy, not for me though. Meanwhile, Yeji looked at us bewildered.