Chapter Ten: It doesn't mean we're f-r-i-e-n-d-s

Shin Ryujin's POV

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday day to you, happy birthday my dear Ryujin~"

I woke up from my peaceful slumber, a good morning indeed. I smiled widely at my mom. "Thank you, mom." My voice a little hoarse. "I'm guessing.. Lava cake?" I asked her playing around the names I can think of. "No? Is it water cake? Oh that doesn't even exist, though, it would be bomb. Well, how about earth cake? Uh nah. That's horrible! It almost sounds like earthquake!"

My mom laughed loudly and I joined her. "It's your favorite mocha cake, hun."

I have three personalities, 1. the cheerful baby when I am around my mom, 2. the crackhead around my friends, and 3. the baddest bitch you'll encounter in school. That practically says everything about me. I lost my dad when I was 7 years old and the cause was the ship he was riding with a group of friends sank. He was one of the best man I knew and will always be. We used to joke around, run around the house while mom scolds us, play sports outside, and he would even bring me with him to the gym. I wished he was here with us, especially today.

"I know it is, mom. I was just kidding." I hugged her tightly saying thank you's 3000 times.

"What time are they arriving?" I looked at the clock that is hanging on top of the bathroom door. "They'll be here before lunch time."

"Are you sure you're gonna be alright here alone with your friends while I'm away?" She stood up, cleaning some of my stuffs getting in her way. "Mom, I'm grown up. You don't have to baby me all the time. I think I can manage."

"You think?" She said before she went to the door.

"I'm sure, mom." I fixed my bedroom and went up to her. "Don't worry, I'll message you when something happens. I promise."

"Just make sure, okay? Everything will be delivered around 10AM, I left the money on the drawer, then, keep the change." She winked at me then left.

I started cleaning up the place, listening to music, as I eat my breakfast which is a cereal bar I got from my bag, multitasking at its finest. I managed to clean everything upstairs and now I'm decorating the kitchen. I hanged up colorful straws on the ceiling aligning it to the center of the high table, colorful fiesta banderitas to contast our white wall,  and lastly, the colorful balloons I found in the storage room.

Once I'm satisfied with my work, I tried operating the karaoke set but it wouldn't budge out of its misery

Once I'm satisfied with my work, I tried operating the karaoke set but it wouldn't budge out of its misery. I'll just ask some help later. I took a look around the house, patting myself at the back. "Huh? Who would've thought? Great job, your highness." I said with both hands on my hips, nodding. I was about to make my way to the bathroom when the doorbell rang. I ran to it showing the delivery man. I asked him politely if he could put everything in the kitchen and he agreed. I gave him the right amount of money he asked for and just like what my mom said: keep the change. I arranged the table, grabbing plates, saucers, napkins, silverwares, and cups from it's designated place. Alright, cool, all done. Time to sho- AH MOTHERFUCKER WHAT NOW?