Chapter Thirty-one: Fallback

Hwang Yeji's POV

"I saw my ex earlier."

Since last night, those five words repeated on my brain like a broken tape as I pace around the room, trying to figure out how the hell Ryujin can recognize her and I can't. Ugh, stupid Yeji.

"Okay, stop pacing around, it's making me dizzy. I've been watching you for hours. Just tell me, what happened?"

"I didn't asked you to watch. I asked you to listen" I exhaled, sitting on the floor.

"Do you expect me to listen to your footsteps, then?"

I rolled my eyes, shushing her, eyes shut tightly. Trying to process everything. "Attitude ka sis." Dahyun sighed. I looked at her in confusion. She shook her head and slumped her shoulders, flailing herself to the bed.

"I'll start talking and don't intrude. Ryujin told me her story and I pretended not to know any of it. Then, she said she saw Hyunjin at the school, but she looks different, so I asked her what she looks like. She said she has a short, black hair, a very red lipstick, and heels. Those information will get us somewhere."

"Or you can just reach out and ask her to meet up." Dahyun suggested.

Shin Ryujin's POV

UNKNOWN NUMBER
Hey, it's Yeji. New number 😝
Let's meet up?
Your favorite mocha bread and frappe place?
6:30PM see you there!!

My heart fluttered, my veins popping out, blood rushing to my face, I squealed around the bed as I felt it again. What are you doing to me, Yeji?

Ryujin
Missed me, already? 😏
I'll see ya!
I'll save your number.

YEDDEONG'S #2
Yes, I do. 😔
You better.
See you later, babe. 💓

I felt a buzz of butterflies swarming on my stomach, my phone slipped on my hands, hitting my face. I rubbed my face smiling, looking like an idiot. My phone vibrated again, I immediately sat up and opened the message, it's Yeji again but on her original number. I laughed to myself. Can she be more adorable?

YEDDEONG 🐔
hey, what are you doing? :))

RYUDDAENG 🙉
Nothing, babe. uwu

YEDDEONG 🐔
ew 🤢

I closed my phone, giggling to myself like a little kid. She literally just called me babe awhile ago. I took a shower and dressed nicely since it's almost 6:30PM. I wore a red flannel, leather pants, and my doc martens. I wore a light makeup, since I don't want to look stupid in front my crush. Hehe. Now, I'm thinking like a high school girl, hElP.

"Woah, where are you going?"

"I'll eat with Yeji."

"You're eating who??" Jeongyeon yelled, ringing my ears. I smacked her head, shaking mine. "You deaf woman, I said I'll be having a snack with Yeji."

"Awe, my baby sis is growing up!" Yuna squealed clapping her hands dramatically. I rolled my eyes, leaving them behind.

"Enjoy the SNACK!" I gave them a middle finger, sticking out my tongue, before slamming the door behind me. I hopped joyfully on the stairs, skipping on the road, dancing to the song playing in my head. I don't care if people are looking, I'm happy let me be.

Hyunjin's POV

"It's my honor to be invited." I sat in front of Yeji who's looking at me nonchalantly. "I'm glad you saved my number."

She hissed, closing her fists on top of the table. She leans forward, directly looking into my eyes. "I didn't asked you to come here to exchange compliments."

I leaned forward, our faces atleast five centimeters away. "Too bad. I just wanted to tell you how ravishing you look right now." I growled sexily. Her face reddened in annoyance, forcing herself away from me. She easily gets impatient and that's an advantage. I already won before she even knew it.

"Drop the disguise. What are you afraid of?" She challenged, chuckling smugly. I smirked taking her challenge. I removed my wig, using a table napkin to remove my makeup. She watches my every move intently, with a scowling look. I took everything off, revealing who I really am. I saw tears formed on her eyes and it made me feel a little pity. I don't want to see her like this. I love her so much. I don't want her to get hurt, and with her by my side, she will never experience pain.

"Baby, let m-"

"Don't. touch. me."

"I'll ask you again, Yeji." I leaned over the table, took a quick glance at my watch. "We can go the easier way or the harder way. It's your choice."

"I'll never be yours, Hyunjin."

"But you will be-"

"Never."

"Say that to me again and I will not hesitate to do the same thing again!" I growled, gripping the table napkin.

"Are you sick?!"

"No, I'm in love with you." I said sincerely. I felt like crying. Why can't she just be mine?

"Well, then, if you love me, let me go. You're hurting me."

"I can't do that."

She slammed her hands on the table, pointing a finger at me, only to bring it down again. Tears spontaneously dripping down her face. I felt a fluid trickle down on the left corner of my eyes, I fought it back, breathing confidently.

"Be with me."

"No."

"Okay, fine. You gave me no fucking choice!" I whisper-yelled, grabbing my phone, but she stopped me.

"No. Please, stop. Alright, I'll be with you. I'll be yours. Just don't hurt anyone else. Understood?"

I nodded happily, tears freely fell on my eyes, and as if the force of nature is on my side, I felt a familiar figure watching us from the window. I smirked internally. I leaned over the table capturing Yeji's lips on mine, who just sat frozen. After 3 seconds, I opened my eyes, looking back at the window and noticed that the figure is already gone. Guess, I just won again.

—————

- A short chapter -

- A short chapter -

I hope y'all are having a great day!! Have fun! Thanks for reading! ☄️