Chapter One: New Girl

Dally's P.O.V.

It's the first day of school back from spring break. The gang and I went to hang out at the DX. I see Tim Shepard talking to Steve outside while Soda's inside working the counter. The rest of the gang were outside too. I walk inside to see a girl with H/C hair and a smile that lit up the room.
She dressed like a soc, with her long pink skirt and white sweater. I saw her in a few of my classes today. She walks up to Sodapop, and starts flirting. She extends her hand, but knocks over a display of Kools.

"Sorry, I'm such a klutz!" She laughs as Soda bends down to pick up the cigarettes.
She pockets two packs and I let out a scoff. She waves goodbye and turns to leave.
"I saw that, Doll," I smirk.
"Good for you, you've got eyes," She flashes a grin. She pushes past and then turns to face me. "Nice watch," She holds up my silver watch.

I look at my wrist and give her a confused smile, "You know some tricks. Must be real fun in bed."
"I don't know, ask your dad," She shrugs walking out.
She's a real character. Good first impression.
"Who's that?" I ask Soda.
"I don't know, the new girl," Soda says, "She has a few classes with us."

"Yeah, I noticed her," I nod, "Real pretty broad, ain't she?"
"Yeah, but don't go tellin' Sandy," Sodapop nods.
Two-Bit runs in with a grin on his face, "You guys see the cute new girl?!"
"Yeah, Two, we did," Soda laughs as Ponyboy and Johnny come in.
"Weren't you all over her in science?" Johnny elbows Ponyboy.

"I pulled out my switchblade while we dissecting frogs and she thought it was cool," Ponyboy blushes.
"Man, someone's got a crush," I tease.
Pony shakes his head as the rest of us laugh.
"Hey, I'm gonna go kick around a football," Johnny waves. We all shrug and go back to talking.
"Hey, can I get some Pepsi?" Ponyboy asks Soda.

Your P.O.V.

The spring breeze hits me as I exit the DX. I pass by Tim, who was talking to someone around my age.
"Hey, need a ride home, kid?" Tim asks.
"No thanks, T," I shake my head, "The Addersons see you around and they'd kick me out. I got you something though."
I throw him a pack of Kools and he gives me a funny look.
"Thought you said you didn't have any money on you," Tim says.

"I don't," I smirk, I turn to the other boy, "Don't tell your coworker though, that kid needs his pride."
"Wait, you're new, right?" He asks.
"Yeah, I am," I smile.
"I'm Steve," he smiles back.
"Cool," I turn around, not giving him my name, "See ya later, Timmy."
"Told you not to call me that!" Tim calls after me.

I walk down the road and see a blue mustang pull up next to a dark haired boy. I see Randy and his friends get out. They start talking to him. I speed up and get in between them.
"Leave him alone, Randy," I command, "Okay, leave him alone."
"Who's this?" A curly haired boy asks.
"I'm the girl your dad left your mom for, hot stuff," I wink.

"Hey, shut your trap, kid," Randy tells me.
"Don't go jumping greasers, okay?" I step up to him, "Come on, Randy, you said you wouldn't."
"Aw Randy, maybe we should listen to the kid," the curly haired boy says, eyeing me.
"Yeah, whatever... Let's go pick up Cherry and Marcia," Randy heads towards the car.
They drive off and I start to walk.

"Wait, who are you?" The dark haired boy asks.
"The girl who just saved you from a beating," I smile, still walking.
I walk around town for a couple hours, then back to the Adderson's. When I get home, I see the blue mustang in the driveway.
I open the door and place my bag in the hallway, taking off my shoes.

"Hey, Ted, hey Julia," I wave at my mom and stepdad.
My "mom" wrote me one a month at most. We were closer when we were younger. For some reason, my step parents are the only ones who actually feel like parents.
Ted would write me weekly while I was living with Mom (my step mom) to make sure that I'm doing good. Julia's difficult at times, but at least she's trying.

"Put your things in your room, Honey, then help me set the table," Julia tells me, "Your brother has a guest over."
I look at the curly haired boy from earlier sitting on the couch and wink. Randy makes a gag noise and I laugh. After setting the table, we all sat down and said Grace.
"Y/N, this is Bob, Randy's closest friend. He's the boy Randy was hanging out with all break," Julia introduces, "He's gonna start taking you to school."

"I've met him before," I say, "He got into trouble."
"W-What do you mean?" Bob stutters.
"He was late after helping me find my classes," I lie with a smile.
"R-Right," Bob nods nervously.
Randy kicks me and I bite my lip.
"Hand me the salt, Y/N," Randy says.
I open the salt and pour it all over his plate.
"Oh, it slipped!" I fake pout.

"Guess we'll have to buy new ones, huh?" Ted jokes, seeing everything, "How'd you like your first day of school, kiddo?"
"A little uneventful, but I'm sure it'll be fun soon," I sigh, "I wish I was here to celebrate Christmas with y'all. Thanks for the jacket by the way."
Ted had bought me a leather jacket. He loved getting me greaser things because it drove Julia mad. Not just because she didn't want me to be a greaser, but because she never got me a present so she had to lie and say they bought it together.
"Why'd your move here, Y/N?" Bob asks.

"My mom kicked the can," I look down, "Uh.. step mom. But she raised me since I was eight."
"Randy was heartbroken when you left," Ted says, "Kicked and screamed along with those Shepard boys."
"Shepard boys?" Bob repeats.
"Yeah, Y/N-" Ted began.
"Y/N thinks that you should let the mystery unfold slowly," I interrupt.
Ted smiles at me and nods.