Ponyboy Curtis

Your P.O.V.

"I can go," Ponyboy tells me, "It'll be nice to visit Mickey again."

The other greasers sigh and whispers to each other. What if it has something to do with what they were talking about when I was laying down. I look at Ponyboy but he just pushes me towards the road. What's that all about?

"So.. did you enjoy that movie with the monster?" He asks, referring to Invasion of Astro Monster.

"Yeah," I nod, "But I kinda want a mini Godzilla as a pet, so maybe I didn't exactly get the message they wanted."

"I mean, I heard they're making a movie about Godzilla's son," Ponyboy kicks a rock, "Hopefully it's cute."

"Oh my gosh! A baby Godzilla?" I turn to him, "That'd be awesome!"

"Yeah," He nods.

We continue talking the rest of the way home. Ponyboy takes a shower before me since I decide to change Mickey's litter out. She sits on the bed, munching on a baby carrot. How adorable! After Ponyboy gets out, he goes to my room and lies on the bed. I take a quick shower and put my silky pajamas on. I hang my towel on the rack in the bathroom and step out. When I get out, Ponyboy's reading a book to Mickey, who's cuddling up next to him and falling asleep.

"Oh my gosh," I smile.

"Oh, hi," He whisper yells.

"Wow, you're a gonna be a pretty great dad," I lay down next to him.

"She just looked like she needed a story," Ponyboy shrugs, "I found a short story book."

"Pony, that's an H.P. Lovecraft book," I cock and eyebrow.

He turns the book and it's The Thing On The Doorstep. He chuckles and sets the book on the wardrobe besides him.

"I guess I'm just really tired," Ponyboy laughs, "Long day, huh?"

"Yeah," I nod, "But it was fun. Thanks a lot for suggesting it."

"I knew you'd love it," Pony grins, "You're such a great, adventurous spirit. I also knew you wouldn't be too mad, you're too sweet for that."

"Really?" I blush, "Thanks Pony..."

"Honestly," Ponyboy nods, "Before I met you I was.. kinda lost. I didn't really know who I was or what I was doing. I was just a grease trying to make it. But now, thanks to you, I'm Ponyboy Curtis. I'm a reader, author, athlete, and friend."

"Ponyboy," I sit up, "That's so sweet. I'm glad I could help. You mean so much to me."

He sits up too, "Yeah, I mean... I'm lucky to have you."

"Aw, Pony," I put my hand on his knee, "Trust me when I say the same. You were my first friend when I got here. You were the first person I confided in. I kinda thought you were too cool for me when we first met. You took out your blade during science and I thought you were badass."

"Too cool for me?" Ponyboy asks, "Y/N. You literally distracted all the guys in class with your looks. I couldn't believe that you thought I was cool enough to talk to. When you started hanging out with me, I was honored. I mean, you're gorgeous, smart, and caring. You're practically golden."

"You think that?" My heart starts to beat faster.

"Are you kidding?" Pony holds my hand, "Y/N. You're the embodiment of perfection. I'm seriously surprised you don't have a boyfriend."

"Maybe I'm just waiting for someone to make a move," I blush, "Y'know.. like someone I already know and care about."

Ponyboy seems to take the hint and bites his lip.

"Y/N," He softly says leaning in, "Can I kiss you?"
a/n- consent king

I nod. My heart's practically beating out of my chest by the time Ponyboy finally connects our lips. Holy shit. It's happening.

He leans back after a while, "N/N, do you wanna be my girlfriend?"

"Yeah, Pony," I nod, "I'd love to."