Chapter Twelve- Aftermath

Your P.O.V.

The next day, Two-Bit, Johnny, and Ponyboy visit Dally and I.
Dally takes Two-Bit's blade for some reason. Ponyboy read me a chapter of Gone With The Wind.
Two-Bit sees my pain and cracks a bunch of jokes. He's always trying his best to make everyone around him happy. I hope he's happy too.
After they leave, Dally and I spend hours talking. He's actually a lot more caring than I thought.

"I know I give you shit for being a soc," Dally tells me, "But, and don't tell any of the other guys, I care about you. You've rubbed off on me, I guess."
"Aw, Dal," I smile, he rolls his eyes playfully, "And I know I give you shit for being an asshole, but it's because you deserve it."
"Gee, Y/N, I'm tryna open up here," Dally scoffs.
"Dally," I laugh, "I'm just playing around. I care about you too. And you and the gang mean so much to me."

"Yeah, yeah," Dally grins. He gets up and puts on clothes, "Hey, I'm plannin' an escape, you stay put, okay?"
"Dal, are you going to the rumble?" I ask.
"I'll be fine," He assures me.
"How? Nurse Hinton comes in every hour," I furrow my eyebrows.
The nurse walks in with her arms crossed.
"Speak of the devil," Dally smirks, standing a few feet from her.

"Where do you think you're going?" She asks, "You won't be clear until tomorrow morning."
Dally pulls out the blade and holds it up to her throat, "I think I'm clear now."
The nurse gulps and backs away, "G-Go ahead."
"Dally, what're you doing?" I ask.
"I'll be back after the rumble," He winks.
"Sorry about that," I tell the nurse.

She huffs and leaves the room in response.
"Thanks a lot, Dally," I say to no one.
I lay my head down and fall asleep. I have no idea how much time passes when Dally, Ponyboy, and Johnny run into my room.
"Y'all are okay," I smile, sitting up, "Well.. alive at least."
They were all bleeding and bruised, I sit on the edge of my bed as they approach me.

"We won," Dally immediately tells me, his hands in his pockets, "We-"
"We beat the socs! Chased 'em right out the neighborhood!" Johnny cuts him off, excited.
"That's great, you guys," I grin, "Why don't you go get some rest, and I'll see y'all tomorrow morning when I get out?"
"Or we can kidnap you,"  Ponyboy jokes.
"Great idea, man," Dally claps once, "C'mon, Y/N."

"No, I'm not getting in trouble," I shake my head.
"It's not a felony to leave the hospital," Johnny smiles.
"Fine, but if we get caught I'm blaming you," I stand up, and stumble into Ponyboy's arms.
"Woah, there," Ponyboy chuckles, wrapping his arm around my waist.
They hand me my clothes and I change in the bathroom. We make it to Dally's car and he drives us to the Curtis house.

When we get there, all the guys are around the living room, treating their wounds.
"Hey, Y/N's here!" Two-Bit smiles, patching a cut on his head.
Steve groans from the couch, holding his side.
"Shoot, Steve, you look like you cracked a rib or two," I frown.
"I'll be fine," He croaks.
I begin helping him patch up wounds. Then, I start helping everyone else.
"Y'all look like shit," I tell them.

"Shut up!" Soda says with a smile, "Look at you, you're all burnt!"
"I literally have like two burns that are visible," I furrow my eyebrows.
Darry snorts and everyone looks at him.
"What? It was funny," He shrugs.
"You have a sense of humor?" Ponyboy asks.
"You won't have any senses if you keep that up," Darry warns.

"I should get going," I tell them, and stumble to the door.
Darry stands up and leads me to his bedroom.
"You can stay here for the night," He nods towards the bed, "It's a full size, so it'll fit us both."
"Okay," I blush, hoping he couldn't see.
"Get some rest," He kisses the top of my head.
I walk to the bed and quickly fall asleep.

When I wake up, Darry's already up and getting dressed. He takes his shirt off to change and I pretend to still be sleeping.
"Hey, N/N," He whisper-shouts, "Soda and Steve are dropping you off on their way to work."
I open my eyes and stare at the ceiling for a while. I get up and go towards the door.
Soda and Steve drive me to my house, and get out once we reach it.
Soda knocks on the door and Ted opens it.

He sees Soda and rolls his eyes -causing Soda to frown- then sees me and smiles.
"Julia! Y/N's home!" He pulls me into a hug.
"Hey, Ted," I hug back.
"We outta get to work," Soda awkwardly says, "See y'all later."
"Soda," Ted says as they walk away. Soda stops and turns around, "Thank you. For dropping her off, I mean. Maybe you aren't that bad."

Soda grins wider than ever and walks back to his car.
"Wait!" Julia shouts, "Why don't all you boys come over for dinner tonight?!"
"Are you crazy? The table only seats eight people," Ted tells her, "There would be eleven of us."
"We can squeeze in a couple of extra chairs," Julia smacks his shoulder.
"We'll be there!" Steve waves.
They drive away and we go inside.
"Hey, I'm gonna shower," I tell them.

I felt so gross, it's been like over a week since I've showered and it feels horrible.
When the water hits me skin, I instantly feel better.
That day, I didn't really do much. I stayed home all day and hang out with Bob and Randy. Neither of them had actually gone to the rumble, which made me happy.
I can't help but worry for the gang. I hope all of the guys are okay. Some of them had pretty bad wounds.
I go up to my room after dinner and change into my pajamas before cuddling with Mickey and going to bed.