Chapter Seventeen- Not Totally Heartless

Your P.O.V.

I step out of the closet and watch Two-Bit run off into the night.
"Hey, you good?" Steve asks.
"Yeah?" I say in more of a question, "The guy I went out with just got arrested and Two-Bit just ran off to God know's where."
"Why'd he leave like that?" Soda asks.
"I don't know," I shrug, "We were just hiding, and then he ran out."

"Two-Bit's a man of mysteries, in his own way," Pony chuckles.
"Hey, are you heading home?" Johnny asks.
"Nah, figured I'll be in more trouble when I go home, so might as well make it last," I say, "I'll probably be grounded the whole summer... Damnit, I really wanted that job!"
"I'm sure we can work something out," Soda assures me.

"Hey, why don't you stay here for the night?" Dally asks, "I mean, the bed's a twin, and you'd have to share it with me. But like you said, this is the last place your parents would think you are. They'd probably go by the Curtis house."
"Uh, sure, I'll stay," I nod, "I don't hav any nightwear, though."
"Oh, I've got plenty of that," Dally smirks.
"I'm not gonna wear some dirty girl's pajamas, Dallas," I tell him.

"Fine," He rolls his eyes, "You can have one my my rodeo shirts and a pair of running shorts, sound good?"
"Yes," I nod with a satisfied smile.
"Alright, the sun's already set, we should get going, goodnight," Darry waves.
Darry barley has any time, so the fact that he spent it to rescue me from boredom really means a lot.
"Okay, let's go," Dally starts walking up the stairs.

We go up and he hands me the clothes. I begin taking off my sweater and shirt, and Dally doesn't turn around, so I do.
I put the white button up shirt over my black bra. Then I take off my skirt, and put on the shorts, though the shirt was so big it covered it up.
I turn back around and throw my clothes in the corner of the room.
"Are you gonna party, or are you going to bed?" I look up at him.
He stands there and thinks for a second.

"I'm going back downstairs," he shrugs, turning around.
I get back up the turn off the light.
I remember that we're sharing the bed, so I face the wall and get as close as possible to it.
I stay awake for hours, the sound of the music and people talking too loud for me to sleep. I hear the door open and shut.
"H-Hey, Dooooll," I hear Dally slur.
"Go to sleep, Dallas," I laugh.

"Okay," He says.
I feel the bed shift beside me and Dally turns my body to face him.
"What're you doing?" I raise an eyebrow.
"Can I tell you a secret?" He whispers loudly.
"Shoot," I nod.
"You're kinda hot," He tells me.
"I know," I shrug, trying to hide a blush, thank goodness it's dark, "And you're really drunk, so go to sleep and take a few Advil in the morning."

He puts a hand on my waist and closes his eyes.
"Y/N?" He mumbles.
"Yeah?" I yawn, keeping my eyes closed.
"I'm sorry... about treating you like such crap before. I was just deflecting... You mean a lot to the gang, you know." his voice sounds sincere.
"It's all good, Dal," I shrug, "And you guys mean a lot to me too."
His arm pulls me closer to him so that my forehead is against his chest.

~In la morning~

I wake up and Dally's still asleep. I carefully lift his arm off me and scoot to the end of the bed. I put my legs over the bed frame and step off as quietly as possible.
I chose an outfit, black knee high socks, a plaid grey and white skirt, and a black crop top that were in one of Dally's drawers. I go out to look for the bathroom.
I walk around and somehow get lost in the tiny place. I see Buck downstairs and ask him.

"One of Dally's girls?" He asks as I walk to the bathroom.
"No, not like that," I shake my head, "Just a friend. We didn't do anything."
I get dressed, grab some Advil's off the counter, and go back upstairs, Dally's still asleep. I check my watch and it's already 12:34.
Gee, man sure does party hard.
I sit on a chair and look around the room, completely bored out of my mind.
Should I wake him up?

"Wow, Doll, you're looking cute," Dally opens his eyes.
"Here, I got you these," I hand him the Advil.
"Thanks," He sits up and throws them in his mouth, swallowing them.
How does he do that without water?
"You gonna get dressed?" I ask, "I'll wait downstairs."
"Nah, it's fine, Doll, you can stay in here," Dally gets up and walks over to his drawer, taking out a black T-Shirt and dark blue jeans.

"Sure is cold for summer," I sigh, trying to warm myself by rubbing my arms with my hands.
"Yeah, you need a jacket?" Dally puts on the jeans and takes off the previous shirt.
"Uh, it's okay," I shake my head.
"Take it," He throws his dark rusty colored jacket at my head, "Gee, really completes the outfit, Doll."
"Yeah, yeah," I roll my eyes as he puts his shirt on, "Let's just go already."

"Yes ma'am," he salutes, opening the door.
We walk outside and Dally hops into Buck's car, which, surprisingly, he still lent to Dally.
"Where to first? This may be your last day of freedom," He looks at me.
"Uh.. I genuinely just wanna eat," I shrug, looking at him.
"The Dingo?" Dally asks.
"Yes please," I nod.

Dally and I go into the diner and order our drinks. Some asshole greaser starts talking dirty about me, making me very uncomfortable.
"Hey, dickhead," Dally raises his voice, "Stop harassing Y/N."
"Oh come on, Dal," The greaser laughs, "You aren't dating. And you know how it is when us guys see a fine looking choice like Y/N."
"Not. Y/N."

The greaser eyes him for a second. Dally mimics cutting his throat, and he gets nervous and leaves.
"Wow Dal," I smile at him, "You knew you could be so.."
"Handsome? Amazing? Cool?" He guesses.
"Not totally heartless," I correct.
"I guess I have a heart around you," He shrugs.
I think about what Jesse said, about Dally loving me. Could it be true?