Chapter Eleven 1/2: Different Perspective

Sodapop's P.O.V.
A week earlier

Day One

I wake up on the couch, and Darry is pacing back and forth in the living room.
"He's still not home?" I ask.
Darry shakes his head, "What're we gonna do? I hit him. I didn't mean to. He hates me. He hates me, damnit!"
"He doesn't hate you," I stand, "He's probably just back in the lot or something with Johnny and Y/N."
"I'm gonna see if the others have seen him," Darry sits next to the phone.

I press the speaker button, and listen.
"Hey," Darry says, "Have you seen Ponyboy?"
"What?" Steve asks, "No, why?"
"He ran out last night, nevermind," Darry hastily hangs up and calls Two-Bit, then Dally.
Neither of them said they saw them, and Johnny and Y/N didn't pick up.
"Y/N's probably still asleep. Let's go by house and see if she's seen him," I suggest.
Darry nods, and we drive to Y/N's house.

We step out, and Darry knocks on the door.
"Darrel!" Julia grins, "Sodapop! My, what a surprise! Is Y/N with you?"
I glare at Darry, "We were actually hoping to talk to her."
"Why? Is something wrong? Is Y/N in trouble?" Ted asks, eyeing me.
I hate that he hates me. I don't know why, it just sucks that he does. Like, he likes Dally more than me. And he loves both my brothers but not me.

"No, no," Darry nervously laughs, "We were just looking for Ponyboy, we were gonna ask if she's seen him. But they're probably out in the town together now."
"Oh, well," Julia slightly tilts her head, "I haven't seen her since yesterday. So when you see her, send her home, alrighty?"
"Yes'm," I wave, "Have a nice day."
"You too, boys," Julia waves.
She closes the door and we get back in the car.

"Wanna check Johnny's house?" Darry asks.
"You kidding? Even if his parents did know where he was, they'd be too drunk to even care," I scoff.
"Poor boy," Darry sighs.
"Let's just go home," I say, "We both have work. I'm sure he'll be home by the time we get back."
"Yeah, you're right," He nods.
Only, when we got back, he wasn't.
He wasn't the next day either.

Day Two

Darry, Steve, and I called in sick to look for him. Two-Bit joined us in the search, but Dally got called down to the police station. No one had seen Johnny or Y/N either. And apparently a kid named David got knifed at the park.
While in town, I spot Bob and Randy.
"Those fuckers!" Steve says, "Look at the black eye I gave him! I bet he has something to do with their disappearance!"

Two-Bit marches up to them, "Alright, fuckers, where're the kids?"
"I don't know what the fuck you're talking about," Bob rolls his eyes.
"Hey, smart mouth," Steve snarls, "Tell the truth or I'll get your other eye."
"Whatever," He scoffs.
Randy, Y/N's brother, looks upset.
"Hey, you," I nod towards him, "What about you? Do you know what happened to Y/N? Y'know, your sister?"

"I'll tell you what!" Randy bursts out, "She probably got carved up like David! She got carved up by those boys and it's my fault for not saving her! She's probably dead now!"
"Fuck, Randy!" Bob shoves his shoulder, "Y/N's not dead, alright? She's fine! Don't talk like that."
"You're only saying that because you're the one who started the fight and you don't wanna feel guilty," Randy tells him.

"Woah, woah, woah, what? What fight?" Darry asks.
"Shit," Bob curses, "We've gotta go."
"What?" Two-Bit furrows his eyebrows as they walk towards their car.
"Shit, let's go home and think things over," I suggest.
When we get home, we find Ted on the floor, wrestling Dally, and Julia sitting on the couch.
"Have you guys seen Y/N?" Julia jumps up.

"Where the hell is she, Dallas!?" Ted shouts.
"FUCK MAN! I DON'T KNOW!" Dally struggles to get him off.
"Woah! Ted, calm down!" Darry rips him off Dally, who was now bleeding from a bloody nose.
"We don't know where Y/N is," I tell them, "Ponyboy and Johnny are missing too."

"No! They were my favorites!" Ted frowns, "I mean, oh no! Do you think they're all together?"
"Probably," Steve nods, "And if they're all together, they're safe."
"Let's hope," Julia frowns, she comes close to tears, "I just got her back this year. This is the second time I've lost her."
Ted wraps his arms around her and we all just kinda awkwardly stand there.

Day Three

"We'll find them," I try to encourage everyone.
"Yeah pretty boy?" Ted asks, "What're you doing? Huh. I know you're off flirting with girls at your job while the rest of us are out searching for the three kids. Why don't you get off your ass, stop being such a man whore, and actually help!"
"Excuse me," I scoff, "I AM helping! I have driven through almost ALL of Oklahoma looking for them! I don't know why you hate me so much, but I care about Y/N. So do you. So stop being such an asshole, and actually think for a second!"

I storm off to my room. I begin writing a letter to Y/N and Ponyboy. I just know Dally's seen them. Before Dally heads home, I hand him the note.
"What's this? A love letter?" Dally smirks, "I knew you felt the same way about me, Babe."
"It's for the kids," I specify.
"Soda, I already told you-"
"Take it," I command, "Please."
Dally pauses for a second, "Yeah, sure, whatever, man. Just don't talk like that to me again."

Day Five

I walk into the living room and see the gang (except Dally) sitting around. Darry's on the phone, and looks worried.
"Really? Shoot, yeah," He sighs, "We're on our way."
"What's up?" Two-Bit asks.
"It's Dally," Darry looks up, "He and the others are at the hospital."
"Pony? Y/N? Johnny?" Steve quickly says.
"Yeah," He nods, "Come on, let's take my car."

We all get into Darry's car and he drives us to the hospital. We go to the third floor and see Johnny and Ponyboy sitting in the waiting area.
"Ponyboy," I let out a breath, he runs up and hugs me, "Oh, look at your tuff hair."
"Pony," Darry awkwardly stands there.
"Darry, I'm sorry," Pony runs to him.
I join the hug and we all start crying.
"I thought I lost you like we did Mom and Dad," Darry cries. He sees Johnny awkwardly standing there and pulls him in, "You're our family too, Johnnycake."

Johnny starts to tear up and joins us, so do Steve and Two-Bit. After a while, we all pull away and dry our tears.
"So.." I wipe my eyes, "Where's Y/N and Dally?"
"Uh, Y/N's this way," Ponyboy points.
We all walk to the room and I see Y/N being crowded by reporters.
"Y/N!" I push my way through, "Are you okay?"
"I'm fine," She shrugs.