Chapter Two: Mystery-Part One

I get up on Friday day and put on blue sweater and grey skirt.
"Hurry up, Greaser, or we're gonna leave you!" Randy yells.
"How many times have I told you not to call your sister that?" Julia scolds was I walk down.
Randy opens the front door and I jump into the back seat of the blue mustang.
"Hey, we're gonna drop you a block from school so people don't know you're my sister," Randy turns around.

"We are?" Bob asks.
"You are not!" I shake my head.
"Or what?" Randy scoffs.
"I'll scream that you guys kidnapped me," I say.
"You will?" Bob questions.
"She will," Randy sighs.
Bob drives us to school and I get out with them. I take another look at the blue mustang before walking to the outside patio.

I see my brothers sitting and talking to the greasers from the DX.
"Hey, Texas!" Curly calls me over. I lived in Texas with Mom, so Curly and Tim always called me that.
I see everyone's faces as I, someone who's dressed as a soc, walk over to the greasers table.
Tim, Curly, Randy, and I agreed not to tell everyone that we're related.

We made Bob swear not to tell anyone that Randy and I were siblings. He didn't know about Tim and Curly's dad being mine.
"Hiya, Curly," I smile, messing up his hair, "How ya been?"
"Who's the broad?" The boy whose watch I stole asks.
I shrug and turn back to my brothers.
"So who's everyone?" I ask Tim.

"That's Dallas, Sodapop, Steve, Johnny, Ponyboy, and Two-Bit," He points to them.
"She's the one who helped me with those socs on Monday," Johnny points at me.
"Guilty," I smile.
"Hey, new girl!" I hear me being called.
I turn to see Cherry and Marcia, girls I became friends with in fifth and seventh period wave me down in terror.

"Duty calls," I wave, "Bye Timmy!"
"M/N!" Tim scolds.
"Uh oh, the middle name," I laugh.
I walk to the girls, who were sitting with Bob and Randy.
"That was a close one, Y/N," Marcia sighs.
"You gotta be careful around those greasers, they're all trouble," Cherry warns as I sit down.
"Yeah, all grease is trouble," I glare and Bob and Randy.

"Y/N, these are our friends Bob and Randy," Maria motions between us, "Bob and Randy, this is the new girl, Y/N."
"Nice to meet you guys," I smile, "Wait... friends?"
"Yeah, we just started hanging out," Cherry says.
Interesting...
"Cool, I'd love to hang out with you guys sometime," I look at my brother.
"Sounds great!" Marcia smiles.

"Whatta ya think, boys?" Cherry asks them.
"Sounds great," Bob nods.
"Yeah... great," Randy bites the inside of his cheek.
In between fourth period and lunch, I drop my stuff by my locker.
"How come no one's telling me your name?" Dallas asks me as I close my locker. He's in my fourth period, so I guess he followed me.

"Because no one knows my name," I walk off, he follows.
"Those socs seemed to know you," He says.
"So ask them," I shrug.
"You do that a lot, shrugging," Dallas points out.
"You bother me a lot," I roll my eyes.
"Tell me your name and I won't," He bargains.

"What if I like it when you bother me?" I flirt.
"Then you're outta luck Doll," he sighs, "I've already got a broad."
"That's too bad," I say un-phased, "You do have some cute friends, though. Hope one's single."
"If you're lucky enough," He says, stopping in the doorway.

Dally's P.O.V.

I watch as she walks to the socs. I march up to their table and put my hands on it.
"Alright, what's the girl's name?" I ask.
"What's it to you?" A kid named Randy Adderson scoffs.
"I wanna know," I reply.
"I don't think your girlfriend would like you doing this," the girl says innocently, "My boyfriend here sure doesn't."

She points to Bob Sheldon who blushes for a second before becoming serious.
"Yeah, back off my girl, Winston," Bob commands.
"Okay," I put my hands up in defense, I look at the girl, "I'll see you around, Doll."
They all roll their eyes as I head over to my table.
"You learn her name?" Johnny asks.
"No," I sit down, "Her boyfriend wouldn't let me."

"Boyfriend?" Tim asks.
"Yeah, she's dating Bob Sheldon," I nod, "First week of school and she has a boyfriend."
"Hey, babe," Sylvia sits between me and Johnny, "Hi, Johnnycake."
Sylvia had cheated once. With a jerk named Jesse Walker, but she promised never to do it again. And I trust her.
"Hey, see my artwork?" Two-Bit smirks.

"What'd you do now?" Ponyboy asks.
"Window work," Two-Bit points at the school window that was broken.
"Shit, really? That was you?" I laugh.
I thought about telling them that the principal was blaming me and I was going to the cooler for a month, but decided to just not mention it.
"You see that new girl?" Sylvia asks Evie and Sandy.
"Yeah," They nod.

"Watch out, Evie, she was flirting with Steve yesterday," Sylvia tells her.
"She was not," Tim whispers to me.
"What's her name anyways?" I ask.
"I don't know, probably some skanky soc name like Brittany," Sylvia giggles.
"Sylvia, I'm pretty sure she's trying to take Dally," I hear Evie loudly whisper, but pretend I'm not paying attention.
"Seriously? The slut!" Sylvia gasps.

"She'll probably come for Sodapop too, Sandy," Evie says, she points at Soda talking to the new girl.
Soda sits down next to Sandy and the girls stop gossiping.
I roll my eyes and look at the new girl.
Who are you?
"Johnny, Ponyboy, Two-Bit, come here," I stand up. I walk out of ear shot of everyone and then start talking. "You guys wanna find out her name, right?"

Ponyboy's P.O.V.

I know her name. Dally didn't know that, though. If she doesn't want him to know, I won't tell him.

Dally's P.O.V.

"Yeah," Johnny nods.
"How can we find it out?" I ask.
"Why don't we follow her after school to see where she goes?" Two-Bit suggests.
"Sounds kinda stalker-ish," Ponyboy says.
"Got any better plans?" Two-Bit asks, Pony stays quiet.
"Alright, stalking the new girl it is," I shrug.
"Gee, we're going through an awful lot of trouble just to find out her name," Johnny sighs.