Darrel Curtis

Your P.O.V.

"I'll go with you," Darry offers, already standing up and putting his shirt on.

The other six boys sigh. I tilt my head. I wonder if it has anything to do with what they were discussing while I was lying down. I shrug it off and turn to Darry.

"Okie," I smile, "Great, so now we won't have to walk."

The guys all groan and complain. "I don't wanna walk!" They whine.

Darry and I walk to his car. We drive home and talk about whatever comes to mind. He talks about his younger brothers and I smile.

"Y'know, I really admire how hard you work at such a young age," I tell him.

"Thanks," He keeps his eyes on the road, "When Pony graduates and goes to college I'm gonna give Soda the house and settle down somewhere else. I'll get a better job, maybe go to community college. I'll get a wife, and someday kids who I'll love and care for. It's gonna be picture perfect."

"Wow," I sigh, "That sounds amazing. Your wife's gonna be a lucky woman. You already work so hard, I can't imagine how you'll do it once you have more motivation."

"I really wanna daughter," He pulls into my neighborhood, "I don't have any sisters, so I'm worried I won't have a daughter. But maybe I can keep trying 'til I get one."

"I want a daughter too," I say, "I want at least one of each. I'm only hoping to be a great mother. I'm just scared I might not. And I don't want the father to end up like mine..."

"Hey," Darry parks in my driveway, "Y/N, I know you. I know how loving you are to the gang, and all the neighborhood kids. I know how sweet you are when you see a kid in the streets. And I know for sure that you'll make an amazing mother."

"You think so?" I tilt my head.

"Y/N, I've never been more sure of anything in my entire life," He nods.

"You'll make an amazing father," I say, then take a leap, "And an amazing husband."

"I can only try," He sighs. We just sit in silence for a little. Before Darry turns to me. "Y/N. Do you think you'd wanna go out?"

"With you?" I ask, my cheeks becoming red and warm.

"Well.. yeah," He chuckles, rubbing the back of his neck, "I just thought that.. y'know. Maybe we should try it out. Seeing as how we're both gonna be 'amazing' parents and all."

"Yeah," I nod, grinning, "I'd love to."

He lets out a little laugh before leaning across the car and connecting our lips.

"I was opening your door," Darry laughs.

"Oh," I blush and step out.

We walk to my house and cuddle on my bed with Mickey. She hops to the edge of the bed and Darry swings a leg over me.

"I think she's giving us her permission," He winks.

"To?" I ask innocently, wanting him to make the first move.

"To do this," He smirks and connects our lips.

He moves his leg and leans over me, still kissing me. He moves to my neck and leaves a few hickeys. Darry looks into my eyes and smiles before connecting our lips again. He puts one of his hands on my waist and deepens the kiss. After a while, Darry pulls away and lays besides me.

"Wow," I giggle.

"I feel like time stops when I'm with you," Darry tells me, "I'm always so stressed with work and the boys, I feel relaxed when we're together."

"I'm glad," I kiss his cheek quickly.

Darry kisses the top of my head and we fall asleep cuddling. What a perfect way to end the night.