Chapter Eleven: Back Home

I wake up with a massive headache, sirens all around.
"She's coming to!" A voice says.
"Y/N, thank goodness!" Dally lets out a breath, he was sitting up, leaning against the wall of the ambulance.
"What's... what's happening?" I furrow my eyebrows.
"We're going to the hospital, Johnny and Pony are on another ambulance," He tells me.

"Are you okay?" I ask.
"Just headache, and a couple burns," he shrugs, "My arm kinda hurts too.. Nothing too bad."
I nod and look around the ambulance.
The other voice I heard was a nurse, who was putting a cold rag on my forehead.
When we got to the hospital, I was told to stay in the bed, and not to get up or move too much.

Jerry thanked me about saving the kids and news reporters took pictures of me.
The gang enters the room after a while and they all gasp.
"Y/N!" Soda pushes through everyone, "Are you okay?"
"I'm fine," I shrug.
"Ponyboy called us and we were worried sick," Darry sighs.
His eyes looked red and puffy. I hope he wasn't crying because of me. He barely cries.

"You good?" Steve touches the side of my face.
I smile and nod, putting my hand on his.
"Excuse me, I have to check her temperature," someone pushes past everyone.
"Hey there, little missy. I hear you're the hero who saved everyone," She smiles, taking out a thermometer.
"Those kids were in danger," I shrug, smiling.

"Yes. But you saved everyone. You saved them all," She says with a wink, "Sorry, but I should be off."
"Wait, when will I go home?" I sit up.
She pauses for a second, "You tell me, where is your home? With them? Or another place entirely? It's up to you. Either way, you can leave the hospital tomorrow."
With that she walks out.
"The fuck?" I mumble.

I look at the guys.
Are they my home? They took me in, and I've only known them for a few months. I see everyone look at me with love.
I don't really know what kind of love, sibling, dating, or friend, but it's love. Soda's hand's resting on mine, Johnny, Two-Bit and Ponyboy all standing at the edge of my bed, Darry and Steve protecting me from the reporters. Dally was in another room because of his arm.
This is my home.

Thanks, random nurse lady.
Two people almost knock down the gang. I do a double take and see Bob and Randy huffing.
"Oh my gosh, Y/N!" Randy shouts, basically tackling me into a hug.
"The hell?" I wheeze.
"I'm so sorry we left you," Bob apologized, "Cherry said she'd turn the socs against us if we didn't, but I don't care anymore."
"What?" I ask.

"I tried to break up with her, but she threatened to start a rumor about me and Randy," Bob says.
"That we were gay," Randy finishes, "Not that there's anything wrong with it, we just aren't. And it would make things weird."
Dang, Randy. We love an allie.
"Rumbles would break out, y'know?" Bob says.
I nod, and hug him.

"Speaking of rumbles..." Two-Bit sighs, "We all set for tomorrow?"
"Yeah," Soda eyes Bob and Randy.
"You guys going too?" Darry asks them.
"Y-Yeah..." Bob looks at me.
"What?" I frown, "No, you can't."
"They are," Randy scoffs.
"Yes, but I can't ask seven people to not fight, that's almost half the greasers. You two should stay safe, please."

"Y/N-" Randy begins.
"I can't have my brother fight my best friends," I tell him, "I can't..."
"Y/N, I'm the leader of the socs," Bob tells me, "The ones in high school anyways, I can't just not show up to a rumble."
"Okay then... then just promise not to fight each other," I look at everyone, "Stay out of each other's way... please."
"Deal," Randy says, "As long as they say so."
"Sure," Darry nods, "For Y/N."

"We're fighting for her too," Steve says.
"Let's do it for Y/N," Soda shrugs.
"Thanks guys," I let out a relieved sigh.
"There was a bus crash, a bunch of new patients came in," The nurse says, propping the door open, "We checked the files, you two were the only ones who knew each other."
She wheels Dally in on his bed. He winks at us, and I notice he doesn't have a gown on. As they enter, so do my parents.

"Y/N!" Julia cries, "Oh my gosh."
She runs in and hugs me.
"Hey, the room's way overpacked!" The nurse says, "Ten guests per room."
The reporters, Bob, and Randy leave.
On their way out, they asked Soda for separate statement and pictures, probably because of his looks.
Unlike I would've thought, Soda wasn't soaking in all of the attention.
He was focused on me.

He occasionally smiled for a picture, but he was still worried.
Actually, I notice that all of the guys are like that. Even Two-Bit.
"Y/N, I was worried sick," Ted tells me, "I almost killed Dally."
"I can attest to that," Dally shouts.
"Two-Bit and I almost went to Texas to find y'all," Ted chuckles.
"I'm okay," I shrug, "What about that David kid? His family?"

"He made it to the hospital in time, but his family... They're.. trying to press charges," Julia sighs, "But Bob, Randy, and the other kids are testifying for you guys. Most likely, Johnny would just get a month in jail at most."
"He'd miss the rest of school," I frown.
"It's okay, Y/N," Johnny says, "I'm sure I can do work in the county jail."
"No," I shake my head, "They were drowning Ponyboy. You saved his life. Then we saved all those kids."

"Sorry, Y/N, but that's just not how it works," Ponyboy says.
"I'll be fine, I promise," Johnny assures me.
"For now, we should be worried about the rumble," Steve says.
"Yeah, like how we're gonna celebrate when we win," Two-Bit grins.
"You guys are gonna be the death of me," I sigh, laying down.

"You can count on it," Soda grins down at me.
"What about Mickey?" I ask.
"That rabbit?" Steve asks.
"Yeah, is she okay?" I frown.
"Yeah, she's still in Buck's car, I think," Johnny tells me.
"Oh, can y'all take her home?" I give them puppy dog eyes.
"Sure, Y/N," Julia sighs with a smile.

LeT's dO iT fOr jAHNnEy, mAeN