Chapter Twenty One- Memories

Your P.O.V.

By the end of the night my feet are killing me. Darry has to carry me to Tim's car.
Angela, had to leave that night. So we drop her off at the bus station.
After saying goodbye, Tim drives me to the Curtis house.
"You coming in?" I ask.
"Nah," He shakes his head, "Happy birthday, Texas."
"Thanks, Timmy," I smile, getting out of the car.

I hold on to the fence and try to lift weight off of my feet.
The boys hear the ruckus and come outside.
"You good there?" Darry chuckles, picking me up once again.
"Nope," I shake my head.
Darry carries me to the living room and sets me down.
"How long are you staying with us?" Soda asks.

"Ted and Julia are on their vacation for like a week. Randy called the house to have sleepovers "get togethers" as he calls them. And he said he'd look after Mickey. So I'll be here for a while," I tell him.
"Sweet, looks like we're roommates for a week," He throws an arm around me.
"I might wanna stay at Two's or Dallas's though," I look at the boys, "I like Two's little sister and mom, and Dally's funny when he's drunk."
"Why's he funny?" Johnny asks.

"He gets really flirty," I shrug.
"I get flirty?" Dallas scoffs, "Doll, I'm always flirty around you."
"Whatever," I laugh.
I take off my socs and begin massaging my feet.
"I'll do that for ya." Steve tells me.
I sit on Soda's lap, and put my feet in Steve's lap.
"Thanks!" I grin, "They really hurt."
I lean on the arm of the couch and fall asleep. After a few hours, Soda wakes me up.

"Hey, everyone left," He shakes me gently.
"Can I get clothes to sleep in?" I yawn.
He nods. I stand up, and I can actually walk, thank you Steve.
Soda gives me on of his shirts and a pair of Ponyboy's shorts like always. I take a shower and go to Sodapop's room.
On the way there, I run into Ponyboy getting a glass of water. When he sees me, he immediately turns straight back to Darry's room.
When I open the door Soda's taking off his shirt and pants. He puts on pajama pants but that's all.
I turn off the light and climb into bed.

"Hey," He laughs, "I gotta use the bathroom real quick."
He walks out the room and I just face the wall. When I first saw Sodapop, I thought he was some stuck up jerk. But he's really one of the sweetest guys I know.
"I'm back," Sodapop opens and closes the door after a few minutes.
He lays down besides me and wraps his arms around me.
"Your hands are cold," I complain.
"I washed my hands," He mumbles, "Warm them yourself."

I turn to face him and put his hands on my chest. I cover them with mine and close my eyes.
"Hey, do you know why Ponyboy's being all weird?" I ask.
"He's Ponyboy," Soda quietly laughs, "That's how he is."
"Alright... Night Pepsi-Cola," I whisper.
I hear a small chuckle and he kisses my forehead.
"G'night, N/N," He pulls me close.

I fall asleep after a while, and wake up hours later to Sodapop softly snoring.
I let out a quiet giggle and rub his upper arm.
"Wake up," I whisper-yell.
"Morning sunshine," He smiles with a raspy voice.
Sosa's morning voice is- if I'm being honest- hot.
"Ready for the week ahead of us?" I ask him.

"Yep," He sits up, the the blanket falling down to his waist, "Oh! I almost forgot, your birthday present. We were gonna give it to you last night, but you fell asleep."
"Oh! What is it?" I grin.
He stands up and goes to a drawer, pulling out a book.
"It's a photo book, with all pictures you took of us. And a few from before you met us," Sodapop sits and passes it to me, "So you can always have the memories."

"Oh my gosh!" I grin, "Soda! You guys did this?""Yeah," He blushes, "You like it?""Are you kidding?" I look at him, "I love it! Thank you so much!"I hug him and kiss his cheek

"Yeah," He blushes, "You like it?"
"Are you kidding?" I look at him, "I love it! Thank you so much!"
I hug him and kiss his cheek.
"G-Glad you like it," Sodapop stutters.
"Okay, I'm gonna get dressed," I stand up and go to Darry's room where my dressed- yes they got me my own dresser- was kept.

"O-Oh, Y/N," Ponyboy sits up.
Darry was already cooking breakfast I assume.
"Hey, sorry," I look at him, "I'm just getting clothes, then I'll be outta your hair."
"It's fine.." Pony mumbles, standing up and walking to the door.
"Wait a second," I grab his hand, "Why are you being so weird?"
"It's nothing," He turns red.

"Ponyboy," I eye him.
"Okay, remember how you blacked out at the party?" He asks, I nod, "This was before you even touched a beer, but I guess you forgot anyways, during truth or dare, Dallas dared you to spin a bottle and make out with whoever it landed on. It was me. We went to my bedroom and.. I mean all we did was kiss but.. I dunno. It's not even like it was my first kiss or anything. I dunno, Y/N. I'm sorry I've been so weird. I guess it's just the fact that you didn't know, so I felt like I took advantage of you in a way? Even though you weren't drunk or anything."

"Pony," I shake my head, "Like you said, it was before I even drank. I'm fine. But do you feel better now that you told me?"
"Actually, I do," He nods, "Thanks for understanding."
"Duh," I laugh, "Thanks for the birthday present by the way."
I kiss his cheek and go to the bathroom to change.
When the whole gang gets here, I thank them all and we eat chocolate cake for breakfast.

I get a call from Randy saying the house will be empty the next few days.
"Alright, first order of business," Ponyboy clears his throat, "Y/N's first birthday in the gang was yesterday. I think we should celebrate it."
"We did... yesterday," Steve looks at him.
"No," He shakes his head, "I think we should celebrate it."
"Ohhh!" Soda laughs, "Really? Her? Ya sure she's got the guts?"
"Yes, that's what we did when Two-Bit, Johnny, and Dallas," Pony shrugs.

"I'm surprised Dally didn't kill us," Johnny laughs.
"It's not like you pushed him like they did to me," Two-Bit huffs.
"What're you talking about?" I ask.
"We have a tradition that we do whenever a new member joins the gang," Steve looks at me, "It started on Two-Bit's first birthday when he first started hanging out with us, then Johnny, then Dal."
"Now you," Dallas finishes with a smirk.
"What is it?" I ask.