Dallas Winston

Your P.O.V.

"I'll help with Mickey," Dallas nods, I notice the guys all glare at him and he smirks, "What can I say? I love that rabbit."

The other six boys groan. What's there deal? Perhaps it has something to do with whatever they were all discussing while I was out of earshot. Probably just some dumb guy stuff that I never care to listen to even when they tell me. Dally and walk down the road.

"Hey," He speaks up, "Remember when I saw you for the first time at the church?"

"Yeah, during the sunrise?" I ask, he nods, "What about it?"

"Y/N, that was the first time I ever noticed how beautiful sunrises are," Dallas smiles, "Not just visually, but poetically. I mean, ever single morning starts off all bright and gorgeous, as if it were greeting the world. And sunrises say goodbye, but they show pretty colors again just to say that goodbyes aren't all that bad. Then stars shine throughout the night to remind you that the morning is just around the corner, waiting."

My jaw's almost on the floor as I stare at him. Dallas Winston? The hood? The greaser? The flunk? The player? Dallas Winston is so lyrical.

"Dal," I let out a breath, "That's.. wow. I-I just. I never knew you thought like that, it's amazing. You're words are filled with such.. love."

"You're the one who taught me to love like that," He smiles, "You showed me that I can let myself get hurt sometimes, but the good always outweighs the bad. That no matter what happens, I just gotta look forward."

"Okay, Shakespeare," I tease, "I get it... But thanks. Your words truly mean a lot to me."

"Remember when we first met?" Dallas asks, turning to me.

"Yeah," I blush, remembering, "I took your watch.. and a couple packs of Kools. I stole a lot back then."

"When you took my watch all I could think about for the next few days was, who is this mystery girl. Man, it was killing me that I didn't know your name," He chuckles, "And someone who had such fast hands? She's gotta be from a great gang. Who knew it'd be one of my best friends."

"I know," I laugh, "And it's funny because I haven't stolen anything in a while now that I think about it."

"Maybe it's got something to do with us," Dallas shrugs, "Because I don't think I've stolen in a while either."

"I guess we're good for each other, Winston," I smile. We laugh and talk to a while, before I spot a gas station on the side of the road. "Can I grab a soda?"

"Yeah, sure," Dallas nods, "I'm pretty thirsty too." We walk inside and go to the back of the gas station. I grab two Pepsi's and hand them to Dallas. "I'm gonna grab some Kools, you pick out a snack."

I nod and go to the candy isle. Hell yeah, SweetTart ropes. I grab a pack for me, and get Dallas some lemon heads before turning to see a guy about 6'1, he wasn't fat, but wasn't skinny. He didn't have much muscles either. He just kinda stood there and smirked.

"Uh?" I tilt my head, "I've gotta go?"

"Hey, sweetie," The guy says, "Maybe you wanna stay here and play for a bit."

"No, I'm good," I shake my head, backing up. The guy lunges forward and grabs my arm. "DALLY!!"

The guy takes a swing at me, but I duck. He starts to hold me close to him as I struggle and shout for Dallas. I feel his arms snake away and I turn to see Dallas beating the shit out of him. He's punching and kicking and cursing at the same time.

"Don't you ever fucking touch her, man!" He shouts, kicking his ribs, "Or you'll get it worse than this!"

Dallas gives him a few more kicks before taking my hand and pulling me outside, not bothering to pay for the candy. Once we get far enough for him, we stop. He looks at him and just embraces me in a hug. It's nice. Dallas is warm, and I feel so safe in his arms.

"Thank you," I whisper.

"No one's ever gonna hurt you, got it?" He asks, "Not with me around. You mean to much to me. I love you, alright?"

"Dal," I smile a little, "I love you too."

"No," Dallas shakes his head, "I love you."

Is this really happening? Dallas Winston loves me? He really loves me? Out of all the girls, me?
I bite my lip and look up at him. Instead of saying anything I start kissing him. He puts both of his hands on my waist and pulls me closer. I put my hands in his hair and we only break away for breath.

"Y/N," He says to me, "You think we should go steady?"

Dallas Winston, one of my best friends, asking me to date?

"Yes," I grin, kissing him again.

"I guess this is a fairytale ending, huh?" He smiles down at me.

"No," I shake my head, "It's just the beginning."