Chapter Sixteen- Escape Plan

A/N- I know Jessie's Girl came out in the 80's, but pretend it didn't

Two-Bit's P.O.V.
Monday

I walk into the Curtis house in the afternoon and immediately hear a song blasting in the living room. I find Ponyboy, Soda, Johnny, and Steve all lying facedown around the living room, all moping.
Dally and Darry are sitting down too, but enjoying the show.
"What's.. up?" I ask.
"Y/N's not here," Darry explains, leaning back on the couch.
"SHE'S WITH JESSE!" Soda shouts.

"She left us!" Steve whines.
"I'm sure she's just hanging with her family," I shrug.
"We haven't seen her since Friday, she usually comes to the house every morning!" Johnny groans.
"Well.." I look down, "Maybe we should check on her."
Immediately, the four boys jump up and walk out the door.
I turn to Darry and Dally.

"Should we?" I ask.
"Yeah," Darry stands.
We go and catch up with the rest and walk to Y/N's house. Ponyboy knocks on the door and Randy answers.
"Uh.. hey guys," He greets.
"Where's Y/N?" Steve asks.
"Oh! The boys are here!" Julia pushes Randy out of the way, "I'm sorry to tell you m, but Y/N's grounded until Friday.
"So she's not with Jesse?" Johnny asks.

"No, just in her room," She shakes her head, "Speaking of that Jesse boy. What's he like?"
"Horrible, man," Dally says, "He's a no good, low life who should stay away from Y/N."
"Wow, if you don't like him he must be bad," Randy gasps from behind Julia.
Dally nods with an approving look.
"I'm sorry, but she's not allowed friends," Julia informs us.
"No worries," Darry waves and she shuts the door.

As soon as we're out of earshot, I pull us into a huddle.
"Alright, Pony, Johnny, and Steve. You three go and distract the parents while us four help Y/N climb out the window," I say.
Soda, Darry, Dally, and I all sneak over the fence.
"Man, how are we gonna get up?" Dally asks.
"Let's scale it!" I grin.
"Y/N could jump down?" Soda suggests.

"I worked on their roof a couple weeks ago, there's a latter," Darry points.
"Or that," Soda nods.
One at a time, we climb the latter onto the roof, and tip-toe to Y/N's window. Dally taps it, and in a few seconds, Y/N opens it.
Her face lights up when she sees us. She smiles as we climb into her room.
"I missed you guys!" She hugs us, "Where's the others?"
"Distracting your parents, so we should probably leave," Darry says.

"Okay," She nods, she turns to see Dally looking around her room, opening and closing drawers.
"Where's the good stuff?" He asks.
Y/N blushes and pushes him towards the window.
"Gee, Dal," She rolls her eyes.
"I was getting close to the panty drawer, wasn't I?" He smirks.
She just climbs out the window and down the latter.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" Cherry smirks from her window, "Someone sneaking out? I'd hate for your parents to catch you."
"Shut the fuck up, you bitch!" I take off my shoe throw it at her.
"You jerk!" Cherry gasps and slams her window closed.
"You're not getting that back, you know that right?" Y/N asks as I take my other shoe off for balance.
I shrug and smile down at her, "She contaminated it anyways."

Meanwhile
Pony's P.O.V.

"Hey!" Steve smiles.
"Oh, boys," Julia greets, "Didn't I tell you Y/N was grounded?"
"Yes," I begin, "But..."
"We wanted to talk to you!" Johnny saves me, "About..."
"My grandma! She's very sick, and we started a fundraiser. We were hoping you could donate," Steve finishes.
"Oh wow, with what?" Ted asks.
"Tuberculoses," Steve sighs, "Her hospital bills are through the roof."

"Oh wow, Ted, get your wallet," Julia tells him, and he goes into the kitchen.
Behind Julia, through the sliding glass door, I see Y/N, Two-Bit, Soda, Darry, and Dally all climbing down the latter.
"Here you go, how's twenty?" Ted hands Steve a bill.
"Wow," Steve looks at it, "That's very generous."
"I hope your grandma gets better," Julia says.

"Thanks," Steve waves and we go out.
"I didn't know your grandma was sick," Johnny says as we catch up with Y/N and the others.
"She's been dead for eight years," Steve pockets the money.
"Did you steal from my parents?" Y/N asks, hugging us.
"It's not stealing if they handed it to me," Steve defends himself.
"Good to see you again," Y/N laughs with her beautiful smile.

Two-Bit's P.O.V.

We all walk home, and it's great to have Y/N back.
"So why were you grounded?" I ask.
"Uh.. that date I had with Jesse," Y/N blushes, "I got home late."
"I told you he was trouble!" Dally says.
"He's not trouble, I just lost track of time," She shrugs.
"Doing what?" Steve asks.
"We had a nice night," She says, "And we went to his house.."

"If he touched you-" Dally began.
"Look, all we did was kiss," Y/N cuts him off, "He tried to go further, I said no, and he stopped."
We walk into the house and we're instantly met with music.
"WISH THAT I HAD JESSIE'S GIRL!" The record played. Apparently it had been looped.
Soda runs to the record player and scrambles to take off the record.
"Should I ask?" Y/N turns to me.

"Let's watch some Mickey," I put my arm around her.
"Wait, if Ted and Julia find out that you're gone, wouldn't they check the house first?" Darry asks.
"Let's go to.. Buck's? They'd never think I'd be caught dead at a bar," She suggests.
"Hell yeah, man! Let's party," Dally grins.
I walk with my arm still around Y/N, all the way to Buck's. When we get there, I couldn't help but talk to a cute blonde sitting at the bar, so I left Y/N.

A little while later, I turn to look for her. She's talking to Jesse.
She's laughing and smiling like she does with us. I thought Y/N only did that with us.
How could she just leave us for some guy? Are we nothing to her?
"So what do you think?" The greasy blonde girl -who's name I don't care enough to remember- rubs her hand over my arm.
"About?" I cock an eyebrow.

"Going up to an empty room," She leans in close to my ear, "And getting to know each other better."
"No thanks," I hop off the bar stool and walk over to Jesse and Y/N.
Well, I wanted to, but I hear sirens sound.
Instinctively, I grab Y/N's hand and pull her into a closet.
"Two-" She begins.
"Shh," I put my finger to her lips.
It was then I realized how close we were.

Our bodies press up against each other. Her chest pressed against my upper abdomen and my left leg was in between both of hers. I had over five inches on her. (the average woman's height is 5'4, and Two-Bit's 6'0)
"Is there a Jesse Walker here?!" The police officer shouts.
"Here?" He walks up, "What's the problem officer?"
"The problem is, you're supposed to be serving another year in jail," The officer turns Jesse around and cuffs him.

"But-" Jesse tried.
"Shut up," The officer pulls him, "You robbed a jewelry store, you deserve to rot in jail."
That's basically all I could focus on, because Y/N was so close and the closet was so small and I had to bend my head down because there were boxes and our faces were inches apart and I couldn't stop looking at her eyes.
She was looking right back.
"Two.." She whispers.

"Yeah?" I ask.
"They left... so we can leave," She says slowly.
"Okay," I nod, not moving.
She doesn't move either. A box falls onto my back, making me press Y/N up against the wall. Now we were even closer. I realize blood started rushing.. downstairs.. and instantly throw the door open, leaving Y/N in the closet.
I basically run to the door and home so that I can "take care of the problem."

When I get home, my sister and mom were gone, so I could be as loud as I wanted.
While "taking care of the problem" my mind starts with images of generic blonde girls.
But as I reach closer to the..."solution", I see Y/N. I'm practically screaming her name when I finish.
Holy shit.
I don't like her.. do I? Am I disgusting for wanking it to one of my best friends?